Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • How much are you spending on your loved ones this xmas?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

this year my girlfriend and i have agreed on £70, i work in retail and it shocks me the amount people spend on their wives, girlfriends, husbands, etc.

are we cheapskates or just sensible……i like to think the latter.

how much are you spending on the other half?

Torminalis
    Free Member

About that much on a satnav. Might pre program it with home set to some postcode in Scotland so I can get a bit more GT5 time. 😉

ton

it is the thought that counts.

never set a amount, just ask the wife to give me a list of stuff she wants, then i buy whatever i choose off there for her.

pretty much the same with the kids too….saves me having to put the cogs in my head in motion.. 😉

bigbloke
    Free Member

Nothing……i am all she needs 😉

Oh and the baby she is expecting on 28th Dec.

uplink
    Free Member

~ £20 each – I have 5 to buy

squiff
    Free Member

About £400 on the wife, but she dose work for me for FREE 😆

epo-aholic
    Free Member

ton – Member
    it is the thought that counts.

Ton, from what you wrote there, you put no thought into it (or were you being ironic?) 😕

ton

epo-aholic……………..yes, i missed this 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Around £20 each

mattbee

Same £20 ish limit here.

mudshark
    Free Member

Yep around £20 here too but none of us get hung up on the amounts.

simonm
    Free Member

fek all.. she pisked me off last night so I’ve sent the lot back.

Mrs & daughter combined, plus a ‘family present’ – around £1500, but that includes updating the squirts bedroom and games room.

Bunnyhop

Nothing as we’re having a holiday instead.

miketually
    Free Member

I’m sure I read somewhere that the average spend is £450 per person, or something. (That’s how much each person spends in total, including food, etc.)

br
    Free Member

Since my list includes a bandsaw and a set of Hope Brakes…, more.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

About 20 minutes Christmas morning before we go down stairs

emsz
    Free Member

About £100 to spend on gf mum dad brov and small pressie for housemates

SiB
    Free Member

‘Wife’ walked out on me 6 weeks ago and is trying to come back so I reckon she’ll spend about £1k on me (but I will not be bought!) and I’ll be spending sweet fa on her. Seems fair to me!!

ojom
    Free Member

prolly £35,000. Give or take.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Nothing. We don’t want or need anything and we don’t see the point in spending just for the sake of it. Although we do want a Blueray Player and Digital Radio for the Kitchen so we’re going out shopping after Christmas.

LMT
    Free Member

We agreed £50 thats loads less than previous years, just enough to get a token present, as posted on another thread, holiday end of feb that comes first.

Drac

Not as much as I could and possible more than I should but Ive worked hard to get the wage I earn and I like to spend.

jon1973
    Free Member

probably about £50.

creaser
    Free Member

**** all,she don’t deserve anything for moaning about the amount of time i spend with my bike

midlifecrashes

Bought her a new netbook to keep her new course stuff on, so £250ish, but since the course starts this week she’s got it already, so token on the day will be sourced too. Her b’day is in Jan so it’s a double up.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not sure. We don’t bother buying until the sales in January and usually treat ourselves then. Usually some clothes for her, kit for me. No set amount. Just see what bargains are out there.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member

prolly £35,000. Give or take.

Marry me instead. I’m taller than her

Haribo
    Free Member

we bought the house a present that we both love and then a strict limit of £50.

she is getting a mini magimix and some onion goggles 😆

swiss01
    Free Member

so, 35 grand tj, that’s your price eh?

and now we know….

Xylene
    Free Member

Nowt, she can buy what she wants when she wants.

She has given me a pair of earings and some clothes to wrap so we have something to open in christmas day with my folks to keep them happy.

BoardinBob

£30 per relative

£100 on each other

nickf
    Free Member

Quite a lot. Mrs F wants a logburner installed!

b1galus
    Free Member

what is this crassmas of which you speak . i shall in true humbug spirit ignore it totally

pixelmix
    Free Member

We’ve decided to book our holiday next year instead, and have a decent meal out in January. Will probably get a few silly little things too for each other. Mrs PixelMix does silly presents well (as my Eggbeater thread from yesterday will confirm).

chewkw
    Free Member

£20 – £25 per person x4. 😯

King-ocelot
    Free Member

£20 on each girlfriend making a total of £200. I’m spending £30 on one though as she doesn’t moan as much.

GJP
    Free Member

I have a truce with my family (sisters etc) that we do not buy each other anything. So being a sad single bloke with a reasonable income it means I will typically spend:-

Top of the list is my Cleaner! – so perhaps about £50 (A saving on last year as I then had two of them :lol:)
    Father – not a clue this year what to get – but typically about £200-300

Individually, that might seem a lot, but in total I expect it is far far less overall than many families spend.

monksie
    Free Member

We agreed a maximum of £300 each per person. There only is three of us in the whole family so should be a £900 total spend but I got giddy and bought my daughter an iPad as a surprise stocking filler as well.

speaker2animals

Due to 14 months on rock n roll (apart from my current 20 days of low paid work) I will be spending very little as I have very little. I am going to giving out some of my books to people that I know that they should like. There will be some purchases but not very many or of much cost. In some ways this is an actual benefit IMO. I’m actually having to think a little better than I perhaps have done in the past when I had easy money to spend.

X-mas and giving gifts is very important to me and I’m sure the people I care about will appreciate my efforts this year.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘How much are you spending on your loved ones this xmas?’ is closed to new replies.