Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Lost camera (Lumix GF1) in Patterdale last night
  • grumm
    Free Member

Did the Ullswater singletrack ride last night – got back to Lancaster and I have no camera any more.

Was in a lowepro case – GF1 with 20mm pancake lens.

Was really tired and I think I must have dropped it out of my bag as I was getting my stuff together at the car, which was parked at Bridgend on the main road from Kirkstone Pass. Last place I definitely had it was a mile or so back along the path by Ullswater but I’m pretty sure I had it back at the car.

I am a **** idiot.

😥

j_me
    Free Member

Ouch that’s a sore one hope you get it back!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

eeeek 🙁 Sorry to hear that Graham 🙁
    I left mine on the verge and someone drove over it a few months back. It took 17 black photos during the incident 🙂

yoshimi

gutted mate – hope it shows up!

MrNutt
    Free Member

nooooooooooooooo! shit man, I know how much that camera means to you! is it insured??

grumm
    Free Member

Thanks folks – apparently yes it is insured thank god. Not sure I am to be trusted with another one though.

grumm
    Free Member

bump

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I will have a ride along there in the morning graham,I might be able to find it for you,Have you tried calling Hunter lane police sation in Penrith? It might have been handed in.

Tel-08453300247 (Hunterlane Ploice Station,Penrith. ca117ut) 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers Gav – yup have rung the police but no joy so far – thanks for the number.

rOcKeTdOg

ah crap, rubbish news,fingers crossed for you

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I had a quick look around the car park this morning,and a wobble down the Lakeshore path for a bit, but nothing found. I called in at the patterdale post office on the way back,she had a huudge list of keys, phones, and cameras,(all handed to police) but nothing brought in over the last few days.. 🙁 sorry grum

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers Rocketdog

Gav – that’s very kind, thanks very much for trying.

bigyinn
    Free Member

No real help I know, but have you checked under the fridge?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Its a bit of a long shot but I thought you might be interested in this grum.

http://finderbase.com/en/add-found-item/

grumm
    Free Member

Thanks Gav. I don’t really believe it, but just got this email from the visitor’s centre in Glenridding!!

Hello,

Someone was walking along the Ullswater lakeshore footpath today and found a camera, which they handed to us. I did a quick Google for “lost Lumix GF1 Ullswater” and came to your post on the Singletrack forum!

If you would like to come and collect it we’re open every day 9:30-5:30 until the end of October, and after that at weekends 9:30-3:30.

Please give me a ring if you have any questions.

Cheers

Amazing!

😀

allthepies
    Free Member

Woah! All praise to our google masters 🙂

Nice one.

forge197
    Free Member

that’s cool

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Shit off! For real??

Well there you go eh? And there’s my mum saying this internet thingy won’t catch on! 😀

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Bloody hell – hats off to the guy/gal who handed it in!

rOcKeTdOg

wowza, great news! faith in humanity restored for the moment

j_me
    Free Member

Great news.
    Although I would probably have waited untill I had picked it up before posting that info !!!

Creg

That is brilliant

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers folks!

Although I would probably have waited untill I had picked it up before posting that info !!!

Yeah I just realised that might not have been the best idea – I’ll get him to ask for some ID or something 🙂

goog
    Free Member

I hope its got some decent pics on it !

simondbarnes

Result 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

wowser! Great luck 🙂

tandemwarriors

[picks jaw up from floor]

that’s superb!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

YYYYYYYYYIIIIIEEESSSSSSS!! ….Awesome news grum, 😉

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Great news.Now could you pm me six numbers for wends nights lottery 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually, to add to this happy tale of good fortune;

Many years ago, I lent a friend an expensive (to me) Nikon camera. He’d sadly been burgled and had his nicked. 🙁

Dozy bollocks geezer only goes and leaves it behind on **** Tube train. In that there crime-ridden London. FFS…

I wasn’t too happy, as you’d imagine. And had to bit my lip when my GF’s very cute but somewhat naive flatmate said ‘oh but surely someone will have handed it in?’. Yeah, right, course they will love….

Guess what happened? 😀

stumpy01

Nice One Grum – excellent news!

redthunder
    Free Member

Great news and a tad lucky 🙂

As for the LowePro case’s I have a small case for the Ixus but the clip thing is just a peice of velcro. As a security I’ve zipped tied it to my harness.

Also, I ‘ve added a text file and made it read only onto every SD card I use with my name and address.

And… marked it with a UV pen.

Still great news.

MrNutt
    Free Member

result! 🙂

toby1

As a wise man once said: “Great day”!!! Glad it turned up, the world needs your GF-1 pics, although I’m jealous I don’t take pictures like yours all the time!

grumm
    Free Member

Got it!

Thanks everyone – nice to hear some good news for once. I have the number of the people who handed it in and will be ringing them to say thanks and sending them some flowers/chocolates.

Here’s a couple of pics that were on the card….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

lovely 🙂 particularly #2!

MrNutt
    Free Member

loving that first one!!

Drac

What a brilliant tale.

And worth getting back just for those photos, they’re ace.

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers!

Simon – not bad for a toy camera eh? 🙂

One more:

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon. not bad for a toy camera eh?

I knew you’d love that 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Lost camera (Lumix GF1) in Patterdale last night’ is closed to new replies.