Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • How many miles have you riden this year?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

2011, not a clue. I have no desire to know either. This year I have ridden round the village on my new bmx. Pulled a couple of little manuals and managed not to go over the bars when attempting to bunny hop. Good start to the years riding.

devs
    Free Member

4001kms which I was really proud of until I saw this thread. Why aren’t all you people in the challenges? My 4001kms is all for fun, in my own time, 99pc off road mostly on high rollers.
    First ride this year today, 20kms round the woods with the dog. Magic. 🙂

ratadog

Just shy of 1500km in 2011, about 350 up on 2010 and 1200 up on the year before.

thekingofsweden

I’d be up around the 8 to 10 thousand mile mark at a guess although I can’t account for exactly how each mile was earnt other than being on two wheels.
    Road
    SS MtB
    Dark
    Windy
    Raining
    Sunny on occasions
    Tandem (some say only the captains miles count )
    I definately ride more than I drive tho 🙂

genghispod
    Free Member

About 1200 miles for me which seems crap for a whole year. Really enjoyed about 1150 though, some of my best moments. the rest was more character-building.

london_lady
    Free Member

5205km in 9 months

andytherocketeer

Blimy at some of those numbers.

My bike-o-meter thing says a massive, whopping 1124.4km (that .4 bit is important)

Aiming for 1600km this year, but it’s all fun, and I won’t use the CX or Road bikes more just to get the numbers up a bit.

langy
    Free Member

For 2012 – about 22Km… 15 miles ish?

For 2011? not a clue…

fourbanger
    Free Member

Well, I’ve hit around 3000Km this year through a couple of tours and my sporadic weekly road ride. Not as many as last year by a long shot and not nearly enough on my MTB.
    Considering I thought riding was finished when I came out to work in this desert, I’m more than happy with that!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I just cant see how people are doing 10,000 miles a year. Even half that is seriously impressive stuff.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

10 000 miles a year is only 200 a week. I do 50 – 100 miles a week without road riding other than commuting / running errands around the city.

commute by bike and do decent road ride and you are getting close

stevewhyte
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    10 000 miles a year is only 200 a week. I do 50 – 100 miles a week without road riding other than commuting / running errands around the city.

commute by bike and do decent road ride and you are getting close

PMSL “ONLY” 200 miles a week. Yes whatever

I would be surprised anyone commutes 52 weeks a year wouldnt you

Also doubt if you are commuting 40 miles a day you will be doing a big run at the weekend eh!!

You do 50 miles a week for how many weeks a year 40? Thats 2000 miles a year, a bit off 10,000 is it not.

i used to do alot of cycling when i was younger and it was nothing like 10,000 miles a year probably half that and i considered that i was doing a lot, to double that is going some thats for sure.

I doubt anyone on here does a 40 mile daily commute 48 weeks a year.

clubber
    Free Member

For 2011: 1650 miles

Road: 680 miles
    Off road: 970 miles

Really not a lot 🙁

Especially when you consider that 10 years ago, I’d have done that in well under a couple of months. Ah well, that’s life…

rOcKeTdOg

yearly totals
    2010 rides: 126
    2010 mileage: 1588

2011 rides: 145
    2011 mileage: 3380
    http://a-pic-a-ride.blogspot.com/

druidh
    Free Member

stevewhyte – when I was last working, I was commuting 20 miles a day. That was in all weathers, including last winter when the roads were impassable to cars and buses. I usually only did 3 days a week, so 60 miles. On the times I did do 5/6 days, I was pretty much done in and I wouldn’t do any big weekend rides. However, a couple of decent holidays will soon add on a couple of thousand miles.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Exactly druidh, even 20 miles a day 5 days a week is a fair old commute.

I cant imagine doing 10k miles on a bike. One heck of a sore arse i would think. Thats 600hrs cycling at a decent pace. Yiks

njee20
    Free Member

Also doubt if you are commuting 40 miles a day you will be doing a big run at the weekend eh!!

Why not? Ride in 3 days a week, then 5 hours over the weekend, very plausible indeed. Not easy necessarily, but very doable.

Exactly druidh, even 20 miles a day 5 days a week is a fair old commute.

You get used to it. 30 minutes each end of the day isn’t much.

My cycle commute is 23 miles into central London. Aim to do that 2-3 days a week normally, plus a 20 mile round trip to a different office one day. It adds up. I did 6080 miles from January – November 2011, so about 6600 in total or so!

hh45
    Free Member

I rode 475 hours in calender 2011. More than any other year since 2005 when I started recording. Strangely it didn’t feel like a record breaking year or a particularly great year ride wise but somehow I clocked up the time. A mix of commuting mtb and road, races and casual.

My average over the last 7 years is 430 hours.

andrewh
    Free Member

Bikes (of all shapes and sizes) 11,331 miles
    Running 661 miles
    Swimming 0.5 miles. must do better here…
    284 on the bike so far this year, hopefully 100 (road) miles tomorrow.

I would be surprised anyone commutes 52 weeks a year wouldnt you

I did 47 weeks, as I do get holidays occasionally. I don;t commute by bike on Thursdays in the summer as I take the TT bike in the car and go straight to the race after work. Otherwise, I would guess I missed a dozen or so rides either through having to take the car to go somewhere straight from work or it was just raining too hard.
    8 miles the short way, usually come home a longer way. Overtook the snowplough on the way in one morning (he was stuck in traffic, same as everybody else, huge tailback on the hill)

StefMcDef
    Free Member

😳 my daily mile profile says 758 miles for 2011. Allowing for times when I forgot my phone or batteries packed in mid-ride, it’s probably a bit more than that but not much – only about 50-100 miles or so.

Need to increase the dosage this year methinks!

Interesting the psychology surrounding working from home. I could go out riding for an hour before or after work – but because I don’t have to, I don’t. I’m sure I racked up more miles more easily when I had to commute.

edoverheels
    Free Member

Some huge numbers on this thread. Was really impressed until i started to be a bit depressed. All that mileage must get a bit tedious. I think I ride a lot, I ride most days and all off road straight from the house. Most short and sweet with a few downhill runs thrown in when walking the now rather fast dog. Lots of downhilling days and some longer xc rides with friends at weekends etc but probably only 2000 a year, maybe 2500 at a push. Can’t see how I would want to do more. Would not leave much time for anything else and most normal people would think I was pretty obsessive already. I know we are all different etc

pjm84
    Free Member

Just looking at my data for last year. Sad

I rode 968.3km in the month of June 2011 which equates to 41hr 13min and 2sec.

514.96km on road at a 29.2kph average speed / 453.34km off road @ 19.2 kph average.

I was still a fat boy for the Marmotte though

njee20
    Free Member

All that mileage must get a bit tedious. I think I ride a lot, I ride most days and all off road straight from the house.

Not that mines a particularly impressive total, but I don’t find it tedious usually. Would like to have done more really. sure some winter commutes can be a bit crap, but generally it’s ok. I don’t tend to ride off road more than once a week, so the miles do add up quicker. I did about 430 hours, so less than 9 hours a week, which if you factor in commuting isn’t very long at all.

will
    Free Member

Very impressed by some of these 10,000 miles!

I started commuting in June last year and clocked up a average 4,352 miles. That was however with May off the bike, and most of December.

This year I’m hoping to hit 7,000.

andrewh
    Free Member

All that mileage must get a bit tedious.

Not really, the 100+ milers with a few mates from the road club are a great laugh, five and half to six hours of constant pi$$ taking, like a mobile pub (with no beer unfortunately)
    Did 18 rides in excess of 100 miles last year, plus one 24hr MTB race. That’s a fifth of the total accounted for in three weeks…

edoverheels
    Free Member

I guess the numbers make more sense with road miles where 100 milers are not so epic. But still well played and I like the idea of a mobile pub, you might be on to something!

bob_summers

2011: 171 rides, 13,300km, 194,501m climbed, 515 hours. 😕

About 3/4 on road, no commuting, no turbo, all in Basque mountains/coast & Pyrenees.

andrewh
    Free Member

I like the idea of a mobile pub, you might be on to something!

Way ahead of you there

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘How many miles have you riden this year?’ is closed to new replies.