Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • How many killed by guns in the US since their mass shooting last week?
  • br
    Free Member

I’ve studied American history as my main subject in the final year of my degree – focussing on what makes up their national identity, cultural myths etc I’m not claiming to be an expert but there is a lot of cultural baggage around the idea of the ‘rugged individualist’ able to solve his own problems through direct action/violence.

But how much time did you spend there? The one time I’ll never forget is been at a house party where I got into a conversation with a Creationist. Gobsmacked. Probably a good thing we did get onto guns…

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ll post up my dissertation on violence in modern American history if you like.

Weird, my dissertation was very similar to yours, although I showed how violence in films has been used in the US to reflect socio-political trends throughout the 20th century.

grum
    Free Member

Leeds University? Professor Murdoch? 🙂

But how much time did you spend there?

Been there a few times – travelled around a bit. Never been to the Bible Belt though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

there is a lot of cultural baggage around the idea of the ‘rugged individualist’

Yep. This can be seen in their choice of cars as well. All those big trucks. “I’m a frontiersman, really, you know”. No, no, you’re not. You’re an accountant, working in a business park somewhere in suburban Los Angeles. You’re really not a frontiersman.

samuri
    Free Member

But how much time did you spend there? The one time I’ll never forget is been at a house party where I got into a conversation with a Creationist. Gobsmacked. Probably a good thing we did get onto guns…

I was once in a data centre in Dallas and the manager was telling me about the security around access.

“And this here is the reception desk. Now y’all see there’s this 3 inch thick perspex plate between us and the guys on the desk and that’ll stop just about any gun known to man.

‘cept maybe my .44 magnum.

I got it in the trunk of my truck, I’ll show y’all later.”

irc

Australia banned semi-automatic and pump-action shotguns and rifles from civilian possession after a massacre in 1996. In the 18 years before the gun law reforms, there were 13 mass shootings in Australia, and none in the 10.5 years afterwards. Seems fairly good evidence that banning these kinds of weapons is a good thing.

http://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/12/6/365.full

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Rather interestingly I received the following spam email not long after reading the first 5/6 posts of this thread.

NRA: nut jobs….

The primary-school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, approximately 45 miles from the Colt Arms Factory, is just another one in the long line of government psyops designed to persuade the public to allow the government to take away their guns, and their means to defend themselves against the government and the banksters that the politicians really serve.

The small children murders are designed to create hysterical emotions in women to get them to demand that guns are banned. If that doesn’t work they will continue with their evil agenda with worse and worse atrocities on younger children, until they get their way and disarm the people, so that they cannot fight back against government tyranny.

Newtown is the U.S.A.’s Dunblane, which was orchestrated in Scotland in 1996 by the British establishment, to whip up hysteria in order to ban all handguns from the U.K. It was a follow-up to the Hungerford Massacre in England in 1987, which was carried out by mind-controlled Michael Ryan, who then shot himself so he could not be questioned, and it was used to ban semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.

It’s always the same people behind it – the gun-grabbers who want the people to be defenceless against the gun-grabbers’ employers – the banksters who own all of the politicians. They get their politicians to pass legislation for them, in order to remove the people’s freedoms and means of defending themselves, and enslave them in a draconian police-state, under a mountain of debt, and then exterminate the useless-eaters.

The Dunblane  massacre was supposedly carried out by Thomas Hamilton, who was a paedophile and procurer of children, for a high level paedophile ring involving senior members of the Tony Blair Labour-Party shadow-cabinet and others. The massacre served two purposes, it achieved their desired handgun-ban and killed the abused children, so they could not be witnesses against the elite-paedophiles. They then had the findings of the inquiry sealed for 100 years, which is proof of the above.

Like Newtown there were two shooters, Hamilton and a hit-man who shot Hamilton and made it look like Hamilton committed suicide after shooting 16 children, so that he couldn’t be questioned. Hamilton was found in the school gymnasium slumped against a wall and still gurgling, when an off-duty policeman PC Grant McCutcheon entered the gym and saw two semi-automatic pistols, one on either side of Hamilton’s body.

The autopsy revealed that Hamilton was killed with a .38 revolver. These people always slip-up with their crimes. There was no .38 revolver for him to have shot himself with. Thus, there was a second shooter who killed Hamilton.

Similarly, the first reports from Newtown were of two shooters, just like mind-controlled James Holmes in the Denver Batman Cinema massacre, the story then quickly changes to just one.

Columbine was similar, in that a team of shooters in black outfits were seen there and the two accused were on mind-altering prescription-drugs.

Wake up and see the pattern and their modus operandi and don’t fall for it. Never let them take your guns, except from your cold dead hands.

All of these are staged events to whip-up hysterical public support for banning the people from having guns. It works the same in every country – Hungerford in England, Dunblane in Scotland, Port Arthur in Australia and the list in America is endless, because of the Second Amendment and the people having a pro-gun culture. That makes it much more difficult to break the Americans’ love of guns and the Second Amendment, which was put in place to protect the people from the government.

Gun bans work well for tyrants. They worked well for Hitler, Stalin and Chairman Mao, to name just three.

If you want to stop these massacres, wake-up and get rid of the banksters, their puppet-politicians and all gun-grabbers; arm teachers and ban gun-free zones.

From one who can see the pattern and hopes to enable you to see it too.

😯

Tiger6791

To be fair, it’s decent grammar which is a must for STW

br
    Free Member

The Dunblane massacre was supposedly carried out by Thomas Hamilton, who was a paedophile and procurer of children, for a high level paedophile ring involving senior members of the Tony Blair Labour-Party shadow-cabinet and others. The massacre served two purposes, it achieved their desired handgun-ban and killed the abused children, so they could not be witnesses against the elite-paedophiles. They then had the findings of the inquiry sealed for 100 years, which is proof of the above.

Like Newtown there were two shooters, Hamilton and a hit-man who shot Hamilton and made it look like Hamilton committed suicide after shooting 16 children, so that he couldn’t be questioned. Hamilton was found in the school gymnasium slumped against a wall and still gurgling, when an off-duty policeman PC Grant McCutcheon entered the gym and saw two semi-automatic pistols, one on either side of Hamilton’s body.

The autopsy revealed that Hamilton was killed with a .38 revolver. These people always slip-up with their crimes. There was no .38 revolver for him to have shot himself with. Thus, there was a second shooter who killed Hamilton.

And there is some truth in some of this, and the PC wasn’t called as a witness in the enquiry, even though he’d made a statement and it by someone of a second gunman. But it had nothing to do with either stopping the use of handguns nor getting rid of witness children.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

There’s a huge amount of very embarrassing information that was buried for a long time about the Dunblane massacre, the whole story of what went on there has potential to really do some damage, and I don’t think we’ll ever be allowed to find out the full facts.

One easy thing that can be put to bed from the conspiracy theorist bullshit is the .38 issue – the bullets for a .38 and a .357 magnum are identical.

rbrstr
    Free Member

yes. the americans like their conspiracy theories even more than their guns dont they. All this talk is just pissing into the wind though, they wont do anything about it and in time there will be another sandy hook and then another….they are too thick to do anything else

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘How many killed by guns in the US since their mass shooting last week?’ is closed to new replies.