Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • How many Beers can you ride with
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Off road I don’t enjoy at all – a mid ride pint makes the next hill massively hard work. A pint of shandy is about as much as I can manage.

On road in London I seem to be good for about 2 pints feels fine. 3 a bit interesting though the exertion seems to do a good job of sobering me up. More than that gets a interesting in a bad way. Riding a regular commute like this is on auto pilot – you know all the danger areas and ride defensively through them.

It kind of feels the same as helmets and riding off road generally – the chance of hurting anyone but myself is negligible. Driving a car after any more than a pint and a half I consider a complete no-no for the opposite reason – I’m more likely to hurt someone else than I am myself.

An unknown route is a bit different. 6 pints one night in West London should have seen my home to Brixton in 45 minutes or so (it wasn’t that far from my normal route). 45 minutes later I was 1km west of where I’d started. Still don’t know how.

hels
    Free Member

Ride what ? As clearly the answer will be a factor in how many beers are required.

endurogangster
    Free Member

once on hockey tour in bognor regis, i got well and truly slaughtered, i woke up in my tent covered in cuts and bruises. it appears i stole the 14 year old glass collector from the clubhouse’s bike forcing him to walk home that night and proceeded to fall off several time on the 1/2 mile cycle back to the campsite.

luckily someone heard of my exploits and came to recover the bicycle on behalf of the young guy. saving me from any further embarrassment.

D0NK

Don’t drink and ride per se but occasionally have a couple of beers at the end of the ride then just roll home. Several of the evening rides I’ve been on with MrSparkle of this parish have ended up with a very drunken ride home, due to our location this can involve quite a long “roll home”. None technical offroad routes so I’ve managed without incident so far, crashing is less of an issue than just stopping and staring at the stars/views/wildlife and thinking “woah how cool is that man…” like a pissed up idiot.

Yak

As a student – 4pints would be a good amount for razzing around London at night. Any more and I’d have a habit of going for a long ride instead of riding directly home. Something about the empty roads of the city in the early hours of the morning that appealed back then.

Now I’m a proper grown-up – zero, except maybe 1 then a short roll home at the end of a night ride.

edlong
    Free Member

being caught here in Germany whilst pissed on your bike can cost you your license

You need a licence in Germany? 😯

scaled
    Free Member

3 of us got on Boris bikes after the last England SA test at lords and cycled back to Euston.

One of us hadn’t ridden a bike in about 10 years, it was awesome

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

rode home from a party when younger got pulled over by police apprently i was weaving inbetween the white line where as i thought i was following double yellow lines,empty road luckily!! got threatened with drunk and disorderly in charge of a bike walked home.

well till they were out of sight

tomaso
    Free Member

A pootle back from the pub on or off road is fine. After my student days I try not to GO FOR IT! It ends with road rash and soreness.

I would contemplate all off-road riding after a couple but if it is technical and dangerous no more than 2 as I don’t want to kill mnyself.

boltonjon

Had a cracking ride in the Tweed valley last May, finished of with s few beers and then to a curry house for a stupid amount of rum

Wobbled back to the accommodation and filled up our packs with more bottles of beer

Even filled up one of the bladders with beer & rum (that’s how smashed we were!)

We then rode up to the top of Glentress, had a couple more beers and then hammered down the red & black run

Somehow, we all survived – no idea how 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘How many Beers can you ride with’ is closed to new replies.