Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • How many Beers can you ride with
  • trout
    Free Member

Following on from the beers and driving thread it brought back memories of a get together in the lakes where we had a pint in every pub en-route
    one sunny sunday I think we ended up passing about 10 ish pubs but the effort inbetween seemed to keep us sober`ish but a great day out .

whats your drinking and biking stories

TooTall
    Free Member

A few years ago with Mr Stir of this parish.
    Met at the Le De Spencer Arms, had a pint. A night ride of about an hour around the woods and trails of Bucks. Hot and sweaty, we arrived at the Whip where a split-location beer festival was being held. We found some friends, turned down offers of food and drank what was ‘more than several’ beers. Eleventeen is a number I remember.
    We then got back on the bikes and chainganged it down the road for a couple of miles to The Wheel, where the other half of the beer festival was being held. By this time the alcohol was supercharging it’s way around my body.
    More beer was consumed.
    We then thought it was a good idea to get back to the pub we started at for a last cheeky pint, so a mix of road and trails were followed.
    We then had several beers there.
    Somehow, I managed to use The Force to get home from there unscathed. I have little memory that is accurate of that night.

thehustler
    Free Member

I reccon i could get 30-40 in paniers and bar bag would that do?

TimP
    Free Member

After last years SSUK I went out with Charlie the Bikemonger. Nuff said…

ton

on our yearly september tour, we start drinking each day between 2pm to 3pm, usually with a few miles left to the destination for the day.
    we usually call it a day at around 10.30pm.
    we do this everyday of the weeks tour. it gets quite entertaining.

ask mcmoonter about some of the conversations….he seemed to enjoy them last year…. 8)

orangeboy
    Free Member

4 beers or 2 special cider

3 strong ciders then riding home nearly killed me

aa
    Free Member

One sleepless i drank a bottle of red wine then bashed out a low 40 minute lap on my Ss. Then went onto old speckled hen and couldn’t sleep cuz i had to go pee all night.
    diddnt feel great the next day…

skindog
    Free Member

6 half pints of strong ale at a beer festival resulted in a strange 10 mile ride home.

Mile 1. Great
    mile 3. Quite very pissed
    Mile. 5 quite ok
    Mile 7 horrific hangover
    Home shell shock

Not recommended

joshvegas
    Free Member

Far to many, to the point where I am riding alongside limosines taking glasses of champagne prefered out of the window all the while sauchiehall street looked on.

binners

The question isn’t how many beers you can ride after. It’s how much absinthe, after a good few beers you can ride home after. If you’ve not tried it then, I’m sorry, but I’m dealing with amateurs 😀

boxfish
    Free Member

Tour de Zummerzet a few years back. 55 miles, 7 pints, 2 meals & no crashes.

Edit: all cider, too. 😳

poah
    Free Member

none, same for when I drive.

brakes
    Free Member

I rode a Boris Bike from Waterloo to Angel after a beer festival of strong dark ales and weird mind-altering ciders, apparently. Must have been a good 8-10 pints.

Houns

10, mixture of pints and bottles.

40mpg

Hence my forum name.

soobalias
    Free Member

at the recent brewery night a pal and i had seven 5%ers(1900-2200) with a nice bit of curry, then covered four miles to the pub for lasts/lates where we did a further four more before a standard ride home

*waves @ Tootall*

40mpg

I usually have 3-5 pints of decent cider mid ride plus a couple of hip flask stops. Ive found i can still ride a bike and find my way back through the forest well beyond the point of no longer being able to walk, and sometimes even talk.

Yesterday i rode out and met ciderinsport and theashnav. 2.5 hours hard blast out, 4 hours and five pints later, and somehow got home in 2 hours flat. The magic timetravelling properties of cider!

40mpg

See ^^^

houndlegs
    Free Member

Serious question here, how much of this drinking and riding is done on roads?

edlong
    Free Member

It’s how much absinthe

Tried that once. Don’t remember any details, but I still own the bike.

Weird contrast of tone to the drink driving thread, this one, dontcha think?

richpips
    Free Member

Serious question here, how much of this drinking and riding is done on roads?

I did an ace road loop with my Mrs before we were married round Snowdon. Ride, pub, pint, ride etc etc. Llanberis pass on the in run was a hoot. 🙂

40mpg

All off road. I wouldnt want to make a mess of someones S3.

lowey

Finally a thread which I can comment on with great experience.

4 miles home on 13 pints after a Christmas ride… didnt really end well if I’m honest. Took 2 hours and 30 mins to do a 20 min run. lots of Bruises… even managed to ride over a retaining wall… landed about 20′ down in a field… still clipped in. It didnt end well at all.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/7kUBMp]PC060071[/url] by lowey.com, on Flickr

Generally anything between 9 and 12 is the sensible limit for us, spread out over a day.

The thing is though that the more drunk you are the less it hurts… your all floppy.

bruneep

No more than 2 Mutzig from Bar Robinson 😳

enfht
    Free Member

Rethpek 40mph

Cider is the new Shooms

bencooper
    Free Member

Riding home from the pub when young and foolish – I was doing very well, I had my lights on, I wasn’t wobbling too much, I was a sensible distance from the kerb.

It was only when I noticed the rapidly approaching headlights that I realised I was on the wrong side of a dual carriageway…

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ll drink and drive ( 1 1/2 pts ) more than I’ll drink and ride. The two don’t mix for me, but carry on if thats whatrocks your boat 😯

richpips
    Free Member

Lowey has wisdom.

nick1962
    Free Member

Enough for everyone

user-removed
    Free Member

Whilst a very mature student in Edinburgh, I lived in a tiny caravan about 12 miles out of town. Not wanting to miss out, i used to cycle in and out a few times a week and walk my bike between pubs (so as not to forget where I’d locked it).

Towards the end of a very good night, I managed to fall off the thing twice in front of the same police car on different streets. They just shook their heads. This stupidity culminated in trying to bunnyhop an abandoned sofa, resulting in much pain and a puncture I was too pissed to mend. Locked the bike up, walked home and never managed to find the **** ever again.

pondo

Maybe ten or twelve years ago, took the C16 to the pub and had more beer than was planned, hopped on bike to ride home, vague snapshots of wobbling (and giggling) uncontrollably all over both sides of the fortunately quiet road – woke up in the dark, still clipped in, to find a nervous-looking women asking me if I was all right. Hopped up and managed to pedal home – fair play to her for stopping to check on the snoring dribbly feller lying astride a bike on the grass.

Scapegoat

A mate of mine had a stag do last year. Started at 1030 with a big breakfast, then a mixture of on road and off into the first pub. The area has loads of little cheeky trails and singletrack, all knitted together with hilly roads, but very quiet ones. We settled into one pub where one of the lads pointed out there were some great jumps, including a gap jump in the woods above the pub. I bottled the gap jump, as I reckoned I’d had eight by that time. More trails and cheeky stuff and my misses picked me up at nine o’clock. GPS told me I’d ridden thirteen miles and my wallet told me I’d had thirteen or fourteen pints over the course of the day.

We recreated it last month, but I only got to ten pints as it was raining like a bastard and we were all soaked.

stu170
    Free Member

I had a very good session last summer, woke up with a stinking hangover, huge cut on my elbow and gravel rash all up my arm. Looks out of the front window, to see my FS laid in the middle of the lane, where I had abandoned it. Good job I live on a very quiet lane.

NZCol

I rode into some gasworks once. That hurt.
    A couple of years back i had a few turbo beers and then rode home in the dark, got a puncture and fell asleep in the hedge ! Made it home 7 hours after i left work. Wife was not massively impressed with that quite rightly. Now i have to report in when i am leaving and how i am getting home.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Haven’t done it often, but have had some epic rides whilst half-cut. Never an injury either… Learned to manual and plucked up the courage for my first stair gap after many many beers (abilities which have stuck with me unlike the ability to drink).
    As mentioned by others, some fast laps during 24hr races were fueled by whisky, cider and lager.. Problem with long events like those though, is that your hangover sets in before the riding is done :/

hooli

I don’t do very well with a few beers in me, feel out of breath very quickly and don’t enjoy it. I would rather finish the ride and then have a beer at the end.

tenfoot

Rode back from a mate’s house after 4 cans, and as my cycle path crossed a road, I looked over my right shoulder to check there was nothing coming down the road. When I turned my head forwards again, there was a police car sitting in front of me. They’d obviously assumed I was going to carry straight on without looking. I rode sheepishly around the back and carried on.

Now, one pint is my cut off.

alpin
    Free Member

too many…. i’ve asked my mates not to let me ride home after a night out. being caught here in Germany whilst pissed on your bike can cost you your license. 😐

how i’ve not been stopped i do not know. have woken many a time to unexplainable bruising, cuts and twisted bars.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Can you imagine a car forum discussing how many beers they can dive after?

binners

Can you imagine a car forum discussing how many beers they can dive after?

Heres me after 10 pints…

Do you like my Speedos? 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘How many Beers can you ride with’ is closed to new replies.