Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • how long should I give the chap I got the cranks from to refund me??
  • renton
    Free Member

Some of you may remember this thread but if you dont have a read………..

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/unhappy-with-purchase-from-here-what-to-do

well as we decided he gave me half the money back(just under in fact) and said he would refund the rest and half the postage when he received the cranks back.

As requested by the chap i got them from i sent them to the place he is working this week and they were signed for today at just before 15:00

How long should i give him to refund me what he owes me before i start a dispute with paypal.??

what do you think??

Northwind

I think he’ll never refund you, and I predict problems with Paypal too. Hope I am not right though.

renton
    Free Member

i seriously hope not !! havent named him yet as he posts on here a fair bit !!

Northwind

I’m known for being cynical and bitter. Sorry, probably not a helpful comment at all, I expect the worst always but no reason to assume it.

renton
    Free Member

What sort of problems do you envisage with paypal mate??/

Tom83

If it were me, I’d like to think I’d do the refund when i got home from work. Give it a couple of days depending on if he was at work, and his colleagues letting him know etc maybe.

renton
    Free Member

This is what I was expecting but obviuoisly not new……
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28020

do these look like they have only had a few summer rides??

on this next one there is quite a bit of wear around the non drive side end of the shaft?

missing tooth on this one…………

note the outer ring doesnt fit right………

bruneep

Did you not get pics before you agreed to buy?

mamadirt
    Free Member

. . . they were signed for today at just before 15:00

How long should i give him to refund me what he owes me before i start a dispute with paypal.??

Sheesh, I thought I was impatient 😕 .

I’m sure it depends upon what you paid for them but they look fine to me.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Thats not a slx outer ring!

its an older XT outer fwiw

renton
    Free Member

mamadirt, the rings arent even slx rings for a start which is what i was told i was getting.

the general feeling on here was that i paid top dollar for a used slx chainset without the bb

would you be happy with a chainring that has teeth missing and is sucking really badly????

renton
    Free Member

steve austin i think its an old hone ring!!

mamadirt
    Free Member

mamadirt, the rings arent even slx rings for a start which is what i was told i was getting.

Ah, fair enough then if the item is not as described. Maybe I’m too trusting but I’d give the seller a chance to process the rest of the refund first. I mis-described an ebay item recently (listed a rear skewer as a front as I’d never used it and in my haste didn’t double check before listing). Buyer got in touch as soon as it arrived and I apologized and processed a full refund there and then along with extra money for return postage. No acknowledgement or thanks and I’m still waiting for the skewer 🙄 – you live and learn, eh.

renton
    Free Member

if i knew that i owed someone cash on a forum we both used quite regularly then i would make sure did it asap to be fair.

he has had them since three o clock today, how long does it take to log on and transfer money by paypal….. 5 mins??

Rickos
    Free Member

He may be out on site, his work IT may block Paypal, etc. etc. Any number of reasons.

renton
    Free Member

he has ignored all the emails ive sent since he issued the half refund.

still owes me £39

not happy

is it time to name and shame?/

Tom83

I’d give it a day or two at least.

baronspudulike
    Free Member

I’d give it till this time tomorrow. People have a lot going on in their lives, don’t always get to their computer everyday and are often blocked from numerous sites by their work IT. Did the emails you sent, after you’d been half paid back really require a response, they could have just been waiting for the chainset to make the second payment and not wanted to get involved with back and to emails. I’d give them a bit longer

andyl
    Free Member

nothing like SLX rings.

The middle should be steel with the black glass reinforced bit and the outer should be pressed aluminium. Is the inner aluminium or steel? Looks like an aluminium XT one.

renton
    Free Member

i think they are all deore or hone at the most !!

ssjeff
    Free Member

Crikey is that still going on ?
    He’s ripped you off I’m afraid simple better to get the forum on his case far more effective than a pp dispute 🙂

go on I’ve popped the coffee on

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

completely worn out chainrings fo sure

renton
    Free Member

Refunded this morning so all is well.

boblo
    Free Member

Good of you to give him a couple of hours to refund before chuntering on….

Might come as a suprise, but some people actually work during office hours…

yunki
    Free Member

note to self..

don’t trade with renton 😯

renton
    Free Member

fellas to be fair if he had sold me what he was telling me he was going to sell me then none of this would of happend

ive bought and sold loads of stuff on here and this is the first time its gone pete tong !!

boblo
    Free Member

Yeah I can see you’ve had problems but be fair. Complaining a couple of hours after receiving POD is a bit silly.

Anyway, you’ve got your cash. You can go and buy a nice chainset now.

Northwind

boblo – Member

Good of you to give him a couple of hours to refund before chuntering on….

He had a lot more than a couple of hours- he could have described the item correctly, and he could have made proper amends and refunded as soon as he was found out. Renton’s been very patient.

Glad it worked out!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘how long should I give the chap I got the cranks from to refund me??’ is closed to new replies.