Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Unhappy with purchase from here…. what to do?
  • renton
    Free Member

I dont really want to say much as of yet as ive emailed the chap i bought said item from but want to give him chance to explain whats happend.

If you bought somthing off here and was told its in good condition and it turned up and part of it is but part of it is not, and some bits are from a different part what would you do !!

I can explain more later hopefully when the chap in question replies.

oh and on that note how long would you give them to respond before you open a dispute on paypal.

cheers

steve

speaker2animals

Have a look at his profile to see how often he is on? If he’s on every day then I reckon 24 hours is reasonable to chase him again.

xiphon
    Free Member

If what you paid for does not tally up with what you receive in person, I’d be pretty annoyed.

Did you see pictures before you paid? Did you ask many questions about the condition? They might consider the item ‘in good condition’ despite being made up of several other parts.

wwaswas

*everyone scurries off to look at rentons posting history so they can play ‘guess the item’*

renton
    Free Member

Like I said i dont want to say much as the chap hasnt replied yet.

I did see pics but they were configured for somthing else.

was told the part has done a few dry rides this summer.

fasthaggis

6/10/11 ….16.20 ….The clock is ticking ,choose your weapon. 🙂

renton
    Free Member

please dont as im hoping there is a good explanation to it all and i dont want to upset the bloke or put his back up.

renton
    Free Member

xiphon via email he told me he had the correct parts for it .

cupra
    Free Member

please dont as im hoping there is a good explanation to it all and i dont want to upset the bloke or put his back up.

hmm, good luck with that, folk on here love a good pitch fork session 😛

wwaswas

via email he told me he had the correct parts for it .

but it’s too late, really, why not just advertise it as what it is and deliver what’s been paid for.

I fecked up yesterday – I thought I had a spare pair of pads for a brake set I was selling but they turned out to be the wrong ones. I sent the buyer enough money to cover the new pads, not waited for him to query why they were missing.

smell_it
    Free Member

I’m sure this thread will help.

renton
    Free Member

Im sure it wont but i feel ive paid top money for what i feel is not what ive paid for and im unhappy about it.

cheers

steve

bigyinn
    Free Member

Give the seller a chance to reply first, before getting his back up with this sort of thread.

renton
    Free Member

point taken bigyinn

renton
    Free Member

Update…

Ive had a reply and Im not really happy with it.

The chap is offering to sell me new parts for it ??

I feel i shouldnt have to

not sure what to do now

faaz
    Free Member
    renton
    Free Member

ok balls to it …..

I posted on here about having issues with chainset clearnace with the xtr cranks i was using.

Someone on here offered me aslx chainset that had “only had a few summer rides”

the pictures i got sent were with the chainset running a sigle ring so i asked if he had the rings for the chainset and i got told yes and they are in good condition.

on the strength of that i bought said chainset and it arrived this morning and it looked ok, however when i fitted it to the bike the middle chainring is catching the chain and not shifting very well and showing all the signs of being worn.

so i took the chainset off the bike and had another look and started to see that the rings didnt look right compaired to my mates slx chainset.

the middle ring is worn into sharks teeth and has a tooth missing and is not a slx chainring??

the other is not a slx chainring either?

ive emailed the chap who bought them off and his reply was they were fine last time he used them and then he offered to send me another used middle ring or sell me a new middle and outer ring.

surely as i bought a slx chainset it should have the correct chainrings fitted??

what do you think??

cheers

steve

wrecker
    Free Member

Refund without doubt.

renton
    Free Member

Im hoping the chap in question can post his side here too.

renton
    Free Member

would it be fair to ask for the refund first and for the seller to cover the postage cost back?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

How much did you pay?

sc-xc

Is the seller a regular, or just someone that browses the classifieds and sends emails to potential customers?

renton
    Free Member

£55 for a slx chainset including postage

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Oof. Chainrings.

One man’s ‘worn’ is another mans ‘got thousands of miles left’. Personally, I’d not buy chainrings second hand without a reasonable hi-res pic.

Since you’ve got the rings, why not post up some pictures and let the lynchin’ posse decide?

😈

renton
    Free Member

I can do that later as im stuck at work at the moment.

surely though if you buy a slx chainset that has only had a few summer rides and then you ask if the seller has got the chainrings for the chainset you would be expecting to get slx chainrings??

the ones fitted look like deore or perhaps even lower.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Again, personally, I’d never ‘expect’ anything secondhand. I’d check everything, and photos would have dealt with this, but I’m not a trusting person.

That said, you did ask if he had the rings for the chainset and he said yes, so I’d be expecting SLX level rings too.

renton
    Free Member

is it fair to expect a refund now before i send them back as ive got the inconvenience of trying to sort out another chainset

also who should cover the postage?

cheers

steve

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

There are no rules for this and its Buyer beware. Best you can do is ask the chap and see what he says.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m assuming if I could be bothered I could find out who the seller was by searching Rentons posts. Maybe the seller has seen that he’s been outed now, without a chance to make good, so has thought why bother offering a refund now.

I’d not be best pleased if something I’d sold in good faith turned out duff and the buyer is starting threads about it on STW.

By the way. You once asked me to swap forks with you. So I photoed them. Told you about the scuffs and all the rest. Paid a fortune to have them posted to you when you were abroad in the army. Replied to your mails when they took two weeks to turn up and then waited another 3 weeks to get them back when you said they were broken and making knockout noises. You never posted your forks, as agreed until mine came.

I put the air back in the forks weeks later when I got round to mending the broken forks, guess what. They’re fine. Still have them. Still fine. I wouldnt have liked to have got a hard time over it and I certainly never moaned about it

lodge
    Free Member

You certainly paid top dollar, I sold a brand new slx triple chainset for £55 on here a few weeks ago. goods should be priced to reflect the condition. hope you can resolve it.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Tut, treat as you expect to be treated and all that…

renton
    Free Member

paulosoxo I never mentioned who it was i bought them off and it was only after i’d had a reply that i let on it was over a chainset.

admitidly i could have waited a bit longer before posting.

fwiw i vaguely rememebr your forks and was sure they were knocking when you sent them out to me.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’d not be best pleased if something I’d sold in good faith turned out duff and the buyer is starting threads about it on STW.

i am not sur ehow you can sel lworn rings and not knwo or not knwo the mileage.
    if someoen complained about mine i would offer to take them back or offer a replacement /reduced price. i would not say they worked when i had them do you want some new ones.
    From what I have heard the seller seems to be out of order

Obviously I would be delighted to hear their side but £55 is quite a high price for SLX IMHO I think mine were not much more new when they first came out

renton
    Free Member

The seller did offer me another used middle ring foc but also offered to sell me some new rings.

like i said i paid £55 which i though was top dollar for a slx chainset.

I have asked the seller to post on here but he hasnt as of yet.

Ive also suggested that he refund me half now and then the rest when the chainset reaches him and also to split the postage cost.

im bloody cursed with this bike its giving me nothing but trouble since i bought it.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

fwiw i vaguely rememebr your forks and was sure they were knocking when you sent them out to me

They were probably knocking as they had no air in them, they’re fine, even now.

Don’t get me wrong, from your account the seller doesn’t seem to be doing the right thing. I’d offer a refund or replacement ring without hesitation.

I’d have just waited a little while for the seller to come good first. That’s all

renton
    Free Member

point taken fella.

renton
    Free Member

seller has agreed to refund half now and the rest when the cranks get back to him plus half the postage.

anyone got a cheap slx/xt chainset they want to sell with out a bottom bracket

jordie
    Free Member

awww a happy ending

legend
    Free Member

anyone got a cheap slx/xt chainset they want to sell with out a bottom bracket

to a customer like you?!?! no chance 😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

renton – Member

point taken fella.

Ignore me, I’m in a bit of a huff today! Group hug? 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy with purchase from here…. what to do?’ is closed to new replies.