Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • How great was the Tour de France ?
  • MrsMugsy
    Free Member

Just been watching the end with the ceremony and I must say I’m a bit overwelmed.

this edition was pretty goog with some great moments. It was the most wonderful national celebration of a beautiful country.
    (sorry, i’m french and for me the tdf is the fête nationale)

a bit disappointed Cav didn’t win. but overall it really does feel like it’s the beginning of a new era.

rOcKeTdOg

not a patch on the lance years, why wasn’t he on the podium, he won 5 too!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Great race, nice that the podium was decided on the last day. Now if only they would ditch the procession on the last day which has about 30 seconds of excitement. Maybe back to a time trial or better still finish else where with a hill. 😆
    Final ceremony about as exciting as a wet day.
    Maybe it lost something to telly.

grahamh
    Free Member

Just think next year it start in the country, even better 😀

br
    Free Member

A good event this year, looked forward to the highlights (on ITV4) every night.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Totally agree

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Can’t help to think next years Grand Depart will be slightly less glamours & warm than this years… 😐

Crell
    Free Member

Great race, great racing, great countryside and atmosphere. Also more blows landed by the peleton on the “fans” than any other I can remember. It’s always a bit of a downer when it finishes but roll on the Vuelta!

duntstick
    Free Member

I enjoyed it……hope for a new era………but in reality, someone else didn’t get caught.

It will take time.

La prochaine

TiRed

Great spectacle, but not really a great race. Two names sum it up; Quintana and Kittel. The next generation have staked their claim.

And yes, I’d have liked to have seen the Texan on the podium as well.

butcher

Loved it. Froome turned the volume up to 11 and kept it there. Quintana was this year’s Sagan. Sagan was predictably last year’s Sagan but with more wheelies. Cav….what can you say….a lot of bad luck, perhaps? He did get one incredible win though, and entertained as always. Jens Voigt…..ubermensch. Oh, and yes, Kittel. Well done to that guy – well and truly proved himself.

Looking forward to next year.

Legoman
    Free Member

Loved it, great racing, closing ceremony was the cherry on the cake.
    What am I going to do at 7pm every night now it’s finished??

plus-one

Sheer class !!! Froome impressed with his calm interviews after stages… The man of the tour for me was Ritchie Porte..

Bar his one off day he was a machine 🙂

kennyp
    Free Member

Yup, loved all three weeks. So desperate to get back to France now. Best sport on the planet.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

It’s an amazing bike race and I will have withdrawal symptoms for sure now it’s over.

langylad
    Free Member

No glorious manx missile on the final day, no sideburns, no post stage expletive honesty, no disobeying team orders, I’ve just got back from work and haven’t seen the podium speech yet but i bet they didn’t sell many raffle tickets. Difficult to live up to last years tour in my eyes, but the coach driver and the Italian dog did liven it up a bit.
    Having said that I’ve already picked a spot near Silsden for my tent next year, can’t wait 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Why were the other old dopers there at the end? Lance wasn’t invited to the party too?

trout
    Free Member

Langylad. Ha I live in silsden and wondering where to go and watch on both days
    col de Cringles will be manic with the 90 degree left hand corner at the bottom .

All house space is already booked by friends and relatives and probably the lawn for a couple of tents also .
    lets hope for similar weather to this year

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Already having withdrawal symptoms. How many days ’till the Vuelta??

Brilliant Tour this year despite Cav’s lack of wins.

rexated
    Free Member

Brilliant tour, absolutely loved it.

And re the Lance comments above, yes, well done, you’re very clever and should be pleased with your acerbic wit.

Wookster

duntstick – Member
    I enjoyed it……hope for a new era………but in reality, someone else didn’t get caught.

It will take time.

La prochaine

POSTED 22 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Can you be certain? Other than lance managed not to test +ive? Can I see where you’ve gained this insight please I’d love to read it and I’ve been searching for something to say different than he’s at he limit and is better than the others?

He looked tired as the weeks went on, no huge breaks? Can I be certain, do I hope think he is clean I do. But the whole you win you’re doped is sad.

kennyp
    Free Member

Some great photos from it here.

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Loved it, roll on Vuelta.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘How great was the Tour de France ?’ is closed to new replies.