Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How do I turn my screen sideways?
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Windows XP.

I need to turn the displayed image through 90 degrees so I can take a screenshot of something in portrait rather than landscape, if that makes sense.

I know there is a key combination but I can't remember it.

Cheers,
    SC

nbt

"ALt GR" (to the right of the space bar) and one of the cursor arrow keys to represent where the "bottom" should be – i.e. if you press the up arrow keym your screen wil be upside down

edit: assuming it's enabled on your pc, it isn;t on all

druidh
    Free Member

It's all dependent upon your graphics card & driver.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Cheers nbt – doesn't seem to be enabled on here. Any idea how I do that?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

It's all dependent upon your graphics card & driver.

Ah. Looks like I'll need to fanny around with Photaeshop instead.

Cheers.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Dare i suggest that you take the screenshot then rotate it in windows pic viewer? 😉

z1ppy

Other than blingblings idea, you need to use the control panel for you graphics card. Usually they install a shortcut as an icon by the clock, or it should be in the xp control panel, if it's been installed.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Dare i suggest that you take the screenshot then rotate it in windows pic viewer?

I'm trying to take a screenshot from MemoryMap, but the route is more "North-South" than "East-West" so I can't fit it all on the screen at once – if that makes sense. Turning the screen image through 90 deg. might help me get the whole thing to be visible without having to zoom out too far, then I could rotate it in Photoshop easily.

However, I've bodged a solution for how. Thanks anyway guys!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pick the screen up, turn it sideways…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Pick the screen up, turn it sideways…

Why over-complicate things Captain?

If everyone turn their heads through 90 degrees, it would save me the bother.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Just up the screen resolution in control panel so everything looks smaller then it will fit on screen and you can then do what I said above.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Just up the screen resolution in control panel so everything looks smaller then it will fit on screen and you can then do what I said above.

Already at the maximum, I'm afraid (primitive graphics card!)

It's all sorted anyway (see here)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How do I turn my screen sideways?’ is closed to new replies.