• This topic has 43 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • How about a ‘Am I going to ride that’ scary picture thread..
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Never raced it, but I love that trail. Has changed over the years though, I remember hammering down it, on the guide’s wheel the whole way. Next time I rode it, it was just covered in loose stone and I washed out all over the shop, couldn’t ride it at all. Following year, perfect again.

Yep, I’ve experienced the weird gravel, I think it’s where it doesn’t get ridden much, because on EWS week by the time practice comes round it’s a lot more rock.

I could probably also say the same on the fear front for ‘Rocche Gianche’ which was St2 in 2018. (The one where the Pinkbike Privateer wrecked himself). It was the sketchiest ridge line I’ve ever ridden & the exposure on the bit just after the crowds was insane. Then weirdly it was one of the longest, best flow trails I’ve ridden out there 🙂

Alex

@al2000 – watched that before. Cant decide which is worse the exposure or the steepness

@bigdaddy
    – ta or the update. I’m not sure I’d enjoy it so much now. I was going through a phase about 15 years ago of just wanting to jump off things and ride the dual track. Probably have to admit a bit old now!

al2000

@Alex – difficult to decide, but on this one I think the steepness just shades it. The roll in at around 4 minutes is ridiculous.

Alex

mmm I watched that bit a few times. Trying to decide if my initial reaction of OMFG was appropriate.

Decided it very much was!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘How about a ‘Am I going to ride that’ scary picture thread..’ is closed to new replies.