Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 277 total)
  • House Music all night long.
  • a11y

This is, apparently, progressive house – whatever classification is, this is the sort of thing I find ideal for background listening when I’m WFH. This and pretty much anything on the Anjunadeep label.

And I’ve got Franky Wah’s ‘This Is Shen’ playlist queued up for afterwards – progressive trance? rather than house of any sort perhaps? Not really just one music genre.

https://www.youtube.com/live/FPNUXP1YVmk?feature=share

jameso

Not a new one to many I know but to add to the list? The mastery of this track, the flow and the layers.. subtle but engrossing. Techno genius.

Adele.. I tried. I don’t know what it is about her voice or pitch but I can’t listen to her for more than a moment, no house mix can change that it seems. Needs more vocal distortion : )

jameso

On Underground Resistance, this is a great conversation. Mad Mike talks about techno as an art form, credibility and the roots of Detroit Techno with the founders of the Tresor club. Long but worth settling into with a dram maybe. I’ve watched it again in parts a few times, Mad Mike is an inspiring guy to listen to.

jameso

This is, apparently, progressive house – whatever classification is, this is the sort of thing I find ideal for background listening when I’m WFH. This and pretty much anything on the Anjunadeep label.

+1 for prog house and working. Anjunadeep put out a lot of great music. Worth looking up Jorge Monti’s Changes series, Hixy and Kalo’s Sun and Earth, Basil O’Glue’s Momentum and Gai Barone’s Patterns series on Soundcloud. There’s loads more, these guys do keep it on a level and don’t stray into EDM and broken car alarm samples.

temudgin

A track that could do with being a couple of minutes longer..
    Ritchie Hawtin – Dimension Intrusion. A great comedown track.

finephilly
    Free Member

Nice bit of Hawtin there.
    Can’t beat this for chilling,
    Orbital – Belfast;

sirromj

scratch
    Free Member

Apologies if these have already been thrown up, 3 from me including my fave remix of all time

roger_mellie

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Rave era House eh. Was not unusual for artists in the 90’s to put out House and Hardcore/Breakbeat versions of tracks as well as vocal/radio edits and instrumental versions of the same track.

Congress covered all the bases with this:

That geezer from Faithless

Still sounds fresh and yes I prefer this version to the more well known vocal edit.

1992 that year again!

temudgin

I don’t think I’ve heard that Gat Decor track in years, it’s made me get a bit teary reminiscing!!

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Somewhat by the numbers but a big hitter for sure.

finephilly
    Free Member

Dust off the XR3i
    Prodigy – Wind it up;

burko73

That Alan braxe tune was a classic. Used to play it back in the day often with/ messed up with this:

If I ever felt better (I’d go to the disco)

Dead link but if you know you know…..

finephilly
    Free Member

The Skyscaper remix of ‘Hold that sucker down’ is monumental. Good to see Nuyorcan Soul in there – forgot that tune!

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

The Skyscaper remix of ‘Hold that sucker down’ is monumental

Yup. One member went on to Faithless fame. Rob Dougan is responsible for Clubbed to Death.

a11y

+1 for prog house and working. Anjunadeep put out a lot of great music. Worth looking up Jorge Monti’s Changes series, Hixy and Kalo’s Sun and Earth, Basil O’Glue’s Momentum and Gai Barone’s Patterns series on Soundcloud. There’s loads more, these guys do keep it on a level and don’t stray into EDM and broken car alarm samples.

Thanks @jameso, I’ve been working my way through the Hicky and Kalo’s Sun & Earth stuff – those were new to me, great for WFH. Yet to try the others.

Again, is this house music? Not sure, but Marsh’s album released last week has some great stuff on it regardless of classification:

jameso

Again, is this house music?

I’d say so? Progressive house. Marsh is a talented guy, big fan.

Hicky and Kalo on Soundcloud today, ‘Borealis 2022’. They’re almost too slick.

trap6
    Free Member

Been watching n listening too this with great ‘njoi’ ment ..one of my all time favs has got too be ‘wht have you done’ by One Tribe featuring Gem…what a tune , vaguely remember nodding my head every which way in the the shadows somewhere in south London,sure it was in Battersea could of been called zatopeks.. anyhow some great tunes up there keep em coming folks ..

How do you upload???

Rave in Peace keith.

alpineharry
    Free Member

@a11y

This is, apparently, progressive house – whatever classification is, this is the sort of thing I find ideal for background listening when I’m WFH. This and pretty much anything on the Anjunadeep label.

I’d suggest listening to Hot Since 82 if this is your kind of thing. Don’t know how to embed videos, sorry, but here’s a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQmQ00LKSc&t=205s&ab_channel=Cercle

roger_mellie

React 2 Rhythm – Intoxication from a Guerilla Records compilation I have, somewhere….

roger_mellie

Moby – Go

roger_mellie

And another C J Bolland – Camargue

roger_mellie

Don’t know how to embed videos, sorry, but here’s a link.

If you copy the link from YouTube and just straight up paste it in a forum post, it should just automagically embed.

ocrider

More R&S… How many tunes were influenced by this one?  I remember getting rather tired of songs featuring the hoover at one point.

I’m very fond of this one

finephilly
    Free Member

2 Bad Mice

Oh, what a TUNE!!!

sirromj

Still keep finding old tracks I used to listen to, mostly rave stuff, wasn’t so much a house fan after rave music. Found this, not sure I remember it, probably heard it, bit cheesy for me, but quite like it… housey-ish I think.

roger_mellie

jameso

I’m very fond of this one

So good!

Even better when Floor Federation ‘Music For The Masses’ drops into it. One of the all-time great Sasha mixes, recreated here https://soundcloud.com/nic-hathway/sasha-2016 – 2 Bad Mice from ~20 mins in, the mix at ~20:50 in. A real goosebumper.

And “Tell Me Why” – I’d forgotten about that one, a top Club Kinetic tune

finephilly
    Free Member

Check it out,
    New Order – Crystal (Lee Combs remix);

Painey
    Free Member

Some great tunes on here. Talking of Gat Decor “Passion”. I’ve got an original 12″ of it from Flying Records in Italy. Doesn’t get played very often as it’s probably my most treasured bit of vinyl.

dan2406

Sasha back in the day was an inspiration. So many classic tunes here as well.

Another favourite for me is Greg Wilson. First class remixes and mixes with a house/disco feel

tayls
    Free Member

On the disco theme,

burko73

On the freestylers, they were pretty regular at Blowpop at the Blue Mountain Club in Brizzle. Those were great days.

stanfree
    Free Member

React to Rythm – Intoxication

Guerilla records had some quality releases , still play this when on the sons decks.

lunge

Couple of mixes for you, both from
    Pressure Radio.
    Andy Tomlinson’s Decades of House is always a good show and a there’s a new one most weeks.

And Andy Ward’s Vocal Booth show is also top class, and again weekly.

stanfree
    Free Member

Just watched this on youtube , I must admit I’d never heard of the club or the promoter. What a soundtrack in this Joey Beltram , Capricorn and Drum club at the end. First class.

Mensa – Lord of the Rave

finephilly
    Free Member

Time for a bit of class,
    Tori Amos – Professional Widow (AVH remix)

finephilly
    Free Member

Surprised we haven’t had these two yet,
    Inner City – Good Life;

Big Fun;

disco_stu
    Free Member

It’s always time for the Percolater!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 277 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.