Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hosepipe sprayer for the terminally stupid
  • stevextc
    Free Member

Most of winter I get back and wash the bikes, empty car of wet clothes etc. in a rush before jnr has to eat/sleep
    So twice now I left the plastic hoselock spray on …. and its frozen … I know the obvious answer is don’t forget to bring it in but I usually have so much rush I do forget.

Are there any frost proof ones? Don’t need a load of fancy settings …

Trimix
    Free Member

Water will freeze no matter how stupid or clever you are 🙂

andybrad

ive just done the same thing.

get through a couple every year. i got a brass one at one point that was quite expensive and it still bust

nickjb
    Free Member

How about a timer on the water and just set it for 30 mins and it’ll shut off even if you forget? eg https://www.easygardenirrigation.co.uk/products/hozelock-mechanical-water-timer-2210 If the spray end is a bit leaky (aren’t they all?) then it’ll drain out most of what is in the hose so it can’t freeze, and even if it does freeze it can’t burst and lose a lot of water.

stevextc
    Free Member

andybrad …. cheers … I was considering the brass type ones but I’ll save my money.

nickjb: Weirdly not though its only draining a foot… I do switch off the water then end up oiling and stuff .. bikes get put away… regain feeling in hands… then forget to remove or at least drain the hose sprayer …(usually it’s dinner/ get kid in shower… dirty clothes etc.)

… perhaps I should stick a sign on the tap…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use one with a trigger that will lock open. I always leave it locked open when I’ve finished and disconnect from the outdoor tap. Not had an issue yet.

DickBarton

Same as Onzadog.

stevextc
    Free Member

I use one with a trigger that will lock open. I always leave it locked open when I’ve finished and disconnect from the outdoor tap. Not had an issue yet.

Thank goodness i covered myself by acknowledging I’m terminally stupid. Now I look it does have a trigger I can lock open…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hosepipe sprayer for the terminally stupid’ is closed to new replies.