Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hopetech Wheels. Real world reviews anyone?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting a 29er set but not sure if I should go for the XC or Enduro. I only ride XC but I want something to last and I’m using Mavic XM719 at the moment which I get on fine with.

My question is will the Hope XC rims be ok as a replacement or should I plump for the Enduro rims?

Potdog
    Free Member

Not really a massive help as I haven’t tried the XC wheels, but my Enduro versions have so far stood up well to 6 months of 5 days a week hammering down the very rocky Tenerife trails and are still true with next to no need for adjustments and have only had one spoke break, probably due to a rock being flicked into the spokes.
    Works for me!

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve the 29er XC wheels (Pro 2 Evo hubs) , done about 5000Km on them in just under 2 years. They are still true, not had a spoke break (but that’s probably as much luck as anything).

Oh, wait! I had to replace a hub bearing this weekend – absolutely disgusting that it didn’t last longer. (Just added that for the Hope haters 😆 )

thegreatape
    Free Member

The XC ones are narrower, if that matters to you.

NormalMan

Mainly ride xc and I am on the lighter side but still I chuck the bike around a fair bit and I’ve had no issues with the xc wheelset.

patagonian
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted Enduros to my XC 29 full susser. – They are strong and run well.
    They were only 4mm wider than the originals but the tyre sits better on the rim plus they are slightly lighter (obviously that might not apply to every bike).
    I went for those rather than the XC’s because I’m 14st and some of the trails I ride are getting a bit rough.

LoCo
    Free Member

at 14 stone on a 29er HT, I found the tech xc rims (and stans crest) to be a bit prone to bending, Tech enduros no problems.
    Although this maybe down to my riding ‘style’ or lack of 😉

zero-cool
    Free Member

The Hope Tech Enduro wheels have been really reliable for us. Low tyre pressures and rocky trails have failed to damage them.

tom.nash

Ace.

fin25
    Free Member

I’m right at the top of the weight limit for the tech XC’s (proper Clydesdale). I have bent them, but I think they were built badly because after my LBS trued them, they have been fine.
    If you are not heavy and ride XC, the tech XC should be fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hopetech Wheels. Real world reviews anyone?’ is closed to new replies.