Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • HOPE Pro 4 Hub Question and 1×12 SRAM
  • fatmountain
    Free Member

Hi all,

I currently have a Hope Pro 4 hub running on a 35W rim. It was setup for a 10speed. I can get a conversion kit which should take it from 135 QR to 148m Boost (to go on a Sonder Frontier) but will the casette fit? If not, will I be buying a new freehub? Thanks!

mashr

Yes you’ll need an XD Driver freehub to run a SRAM 12sp cassette

tomhoward

Which sram cassette are you getting? If GX, XO1 or XX1, you’ll need a new freehub (XD). NX or SX you won’t, they work on Shimano HG freehubs (but not the new 12s microspline ones)

fatmountain
    Free Member

Which sram cassette are you getting? If GX, XO1 or XX1, you’ll need a new freehub (XD). NX or SX you won’t, they work on Shimano HG freehubs (but not the new 12s microspline ones)

Well I’m trying to replace a Genesis Longitude frame 2016 but it’s proving hard to find something I can swap out. I was looking at a Sonder Frontier but they say can only run 1x chainset whereas my old bike was 2×10. I think the Sonder comes with an Eagle NX chainset. I’m already having to convert the wheel from 135QR to 148, but wasn’t sure about the hub (hubs are 80 quid). Damn these changing ‘standards’!

davewalsh
    Free Member

OP, you need to give us more information as 10, 11 and 12 speed SRAM can be either XD drive or shimano splined. Exactly what cassette do you have on there now? It it XD or splined? Which 12 speed cassette are you fitting?

fatmountain
    Free Member

Hi Dave, I guess just a regular shimano? It was running a shimano 10 speed cassette. I wanted to fit the budget SRAM Eagle SX 1×12 groupset. Thanks!

davewalsh
    Free Member

No problem. You’ll be pleased to know that the 12sp SRAM SX is a direct replacement for 10s shimano. No new freehub needed.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Oh, forgot to say, the current cassette will have a small spacer behind it approx 1.5mm thick. You need to re-fit this when fitting the new cassette.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HOPE Pro 4 Hub Question and 1×12 SRAM’ is closed to new replies.