Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Evo & Pro 4 – Same width?
  • sandwicheater

Picked up a used rear wheel to replace a goosed Pro 2 Evo.

Old one is none boost 142×12 and the replacement Pro 4 is supposed to be the same.

Had hoped it would have been a straight swop but the new wheel isn’t as wide, some 5mm narrower.

Quick google shows the 142/12 adaptors are the same on both hubs.

Annoyingly the adaptors on the old pro 2 evo are stuck.

Are both hubs the same width? Am i missing any parts in addition to the adaptors.

The seller removed an XD freehub for a standard Shimano, could that be it, XD requires a different adaptor?

Going to drop off at LBS to help get adaptors off.

Excuse the rambling, a 2 minute job has dragged on a bit.

sandwicheater

Do we still need to do the double post thingy?

submarined
    Free Member

I think the xD freehub had a different end cap, if I remember rightly. Otherwise shound be interchangeable

dove1

Sounds like the Pro4 hub could have 135mm x 12mm adapters fitted.

Try using a pair of pliers with the ends covered in a rag to remove the adaptors from your Pro2 Evo hub.

sandwicheater

Cheers guys, will persevere and swop adaptors.

Tried pliers yesterday and lent my vice to a buddy, hence LBS.

Fingers crossed will come back all happy.

nixie

https://uniortools.com/eng/product/1758-4-hub-genie

This would help with the end caps.

z1ppy

My understanding is that Pro 2 have two type of end caps, depending if you need Shimano HG or Sram XD freehubs, where-as Pro4 only have one type of end cap for both HG and XD. Good shout on the 135mm end caps currently being fitted

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There’s also confusingly 2 versions of the pro2 evo with different ratchet rings and hub bodies, only the latter one will accept a 12s cassette (or 11s road).

nixie

They are called “Pro 2 Evo” and “Pro 2 Evo 40t”. The latter has 40t marked on the hub shell and I think uses the same freehub as the pro 4.

@Z1ppy
    I thought the HG, microspline and XD all had their own specific drive side end cap (as does the hope cassette freehub).

igm

Cheaper than the Unior solution (assuming 12mm thru axles)

https://www.toolstation.com/fischer-nylon-sx-high-performance-plug/p92105

You will need the right size of screw too I suppose.

nixie

Neat trick @igm

cultsdave
    Free Member

I think uses the same freehub as the pro 4

I don’t think that is correct. Sure the pro 2 and pro 2 40 tooth use the same freehub. The pro 4 is a bigger diameter.

nixie

No The pro 2 evo 40t version supports 11 speed road cassettes. The pro 2 and pro 2 evo do not. The evo freehub will not fit the pro2 as the axle/bearing size changed. The drive side flange moved on the pro 2 evo 40t.

https://conseilvelo.wordpress.com/2015/11/03/hope-hub-and-body-cassette-11-speed-compatible/

sandwicheater

Huzah! Old adaptors have fixed the issue, expect was 135 adaptor on the old wheel.

Cheers one and all.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Evo & Pro 4 – Same width?’ is closed to new replies.