Viewing 7 posts - 321 through 327 (of 327 total)
  • Hope brake fanbois, you won’t want these
  • RickDraper

So I have just won a set of V4’s in a raffle! Are the new Tech 4’s a lot nicer feel than the Tech 3’s?. Any longer term reviews?

teethgrinder

Lucky sod!

Akers

@RickDraper – Depends what you mean by feel.
    I’ve had a set of Tech 4 levers for a few months now, and still have tech 3’s on the trail bike. I don’t really notice the change in lever shape I just mounted them a fraction further in-board on the bar.
    To me they feel like they’ve traded a little modulation for a bit more bite early in the stroke. Whether that’s a good thing or not is subjective. Personally I like them a lot, but then I always liked the Tech 3’s too.

RickDraper

When I mentioned feel I should have said I didn’t mean the feel on the finger of the lever, I meant the feel of the braking power. I always found the Tech 3’s (Only tried the E4’s) to feel a bit underpowered and I had to really pull on the lever to get the power I wanted.

For reference I will either be moving some Trickstuff Maxima or some Direttissima to try the V4’s.

sharkattack

For reference I will either be moving some Trickstuff Maxima or some Direttissima to try the V4’s.

Stealth ad?

ta11pau1

When I mentioned feel I should have said I didn’t mean the feel on the finger of the lever, I meant the feel of the braking power. I always found the Tech 3’s (Only tried the E4’s) to feel a bit underpowered and I had to really pull on the lever to get the power I wanted.

That’s what they’ve meant to have “fixed” – haven’t fitted mine yet so can’t say. But I’d agree that the tech 3 v4, although they have bags of power, you have to give them a decently firm squeeze to access it. The tech 3 V4’s most definitely aren’t underpowered, but they hid it deep in the lever stroke.

RickDraper

Stealth ad?

Nope wont sell either of them, no matter how good the new Hopes are.

Viewing 7 posts - 321 through 327 (of 327 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.