Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope brake comparability tech 3 X2 lever with E4 calipers?
  • muddipete
    Free Member

As per the title I’m thinking of upgrading my brakes and one option is to keep my Tech 3 X2 levers and upgrade the calipers to E4’s.

Anyone one out there running this set up and how does it perform, will I see much improvement over the X2 calipers?

Thanks

honourablegeorge

They use the same lever on both brakes.

snaps
    Free Member

203mm discs would be a cheaper upgrade.

muddipete
    Free Member

Made a mistake in the post  I meant Tech 2 EVO levers not Te<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>ch 3</span>

ratherbeintobago

I think the advice about a bigger disc will stand.

I asked the other day if there was much difference between Tech and Tech 3 levers and the answer appeared to be no: Linky

teethgrinder

I have a set of Tech master cylinders modded to EVO spec. They run an older silver/black M4 caliper with the two different size pistons on one of the MC’s and the later silver/black with equal size pistons. The later one is basically an E4 caliper and I can’t tell the difference.

Basically, Tech MC’s and E4’s will work.

Phil_H

I run Tech levers on E4 calipers with no problems.
    More stopping power for a given rotor size.

nixie

@teethgrinder I think the tech Evo spec levers involved a modification of the leverage ratio at the master cylinder end. I don’t think it was possible to upgrade non Evo techs to Evo without replacing a significant portion of the lever body.

teethgrinder

I changed the cams and pistons. Close enough! Anyway, they’re spares. E4’s on the HB160 and BFe.

endomick
    Free Member

Obvious difference in power with the E4 and less likely to overheat and fade, but calipers are around £80, I’d rather buy a new E4 and sell the x2. Better at both ends.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope brake comparability tech 3 X2 lever with E4 calipers?’ is closed to new replies.