Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Hope
  • mick_r

Didn’t the early ProII ss hub suffer from body fractures so the design got changed a bit? As per this thread from 2007:-
    http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/f3/strong-ss-specific-hub-experiences-32776/

Wonder if your’s is an early hub and they changed the seal size at the same time?

I too find it frustrating that my ProII ss hub needs much more attention than a 1996 XC hub that is still in regular use….. That one has a proper radial seal instead of the crappy axial contact plastic ring they use now (I’ve found Hope ignore any comments / suggestions like this and just quietly and efficiently send free replacement parts ready to fail again in another 6 months).

amedias
    Free Member

My wifes XC Ti hub has the screw on ring and spider for the disc on her bike and is still running sweet.

ahhh (wistful look into distance), I still have 2 pairs of them in regular use, love those hubs…

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Well, just spoken to Nick and the early hubs they did use a smaller seal. So i wasnt imagining it !!. He has scoured the place and found one. It is being posted. Thanks for the help everyone. i will measure the new one with the old ( potentially worn) one and see if it is worn. He says that if it still lets water in , in the way i described, then a new freehub is possibly the way.

amedias
    Free Member

result!

and now we’ve learnt something too, to keep an eye out for the early ones. Hopefully new seal will sort out your problems!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Hope’ is closed to new replies.