Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Hoover Track World
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Ours has literally just gone up in smoke. I know ‘kall about Hoovers apart from Dyson are supposed to be good. Budget about 200 quid.

Any advice appreciated.

eskay

Get one of the battery powered dysons with turbo brush. Great piece of kit.

bland

All I can add is don’t buy a Tesco bag less job!

Awful design, takes 10 minutes to strip and clean filters, give me a bag any day

jeffl

Upright = sebo
    Pull along = Henry

vickypea
    Free Member

Henry cos he’s got a funny face!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Dyson are a massive waste of money. The Mrs insisted on one, £700 I forget, the Henry is just as good.

You can get a very nice Meile for £200. Henry’s good too as above and about a £100

ninfan
    Free Member

Numatic 200A – the trade version of Henry

AK47 of the Hoover world!

Pook

Miele cat and dog.

Absolutely brilliant

project
    Free Member

Worked in a customers house, she decided to vacumm up the wood chipping with her new dyson,i said my 50 quid wet and dry one would do the job better, walked to van, as she started vacuming, an anquished scream like she had caught the cats tail then a bang as her dyson blew up, she took it back and the chap showed her a room fuill of busted dysons.

She went out and bought a pink Henry.

and another thing with bagless cleaners, do you really want all the crap out of your carpets to be on show in a multicoloured and clear plastic tubed dyson

jambalaya
    Free Member

The bagless thing is a gimmic, you’ve still got to empty it in the bin which takes a few seconds less than changing the bag I admit but it’s not worth the money.

Kato

+1 for Henry. Loads better than my old Dyson

Pook

Miele cat and dog is Henry on steroids

northernmatt

This thread again?

Sebo X4

TiRed

Miele. Customer service bar none. Most of my family have moved from Dyson to miele on the strength of seeing ours. They will do a full refurb on faulty units for about £60 regardless of fault when outside warranty. Our first (retired to car and garage duties now) came back looking like new.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got a refurb dyson, clean the filters and every few years give it a full clean out. Great bit of kit and about 5 years old now.

and another thing with bagless cleaners, do you really want all the crap out of your carpets to be on show in a multicoloured and clear plastic tubed dyson

It’s a very long way off the list of things I actually care about

ds3000
    Free Member

After messing around with bagless jobbies and cheapo bagged I finally splashed the cash on a Meile. Now, whilst hoovering, I find myself repeatedly thinkning;

“this just oozes quality”

They are solid, well designed items that will last for years – buy cheap, buy twice. Yes.

jfletch
    Free Member

STW being niche again!

The reason the repair shop has a lot of dysons is because a lot of people have dysons and they are worth repairing when they break (and they have a 5year warranty). The reason a lot of people have dysons is because they work well (there is a certain amount of hype as well).

Ours was within you price range due to a deal in currys.

somouk
    Free Member

All the family have dysons and I have one. Their service network is excellent and if you call them out they pretty much replace all the parts on the unit.

Plenty of power and very simple and quick to empty the tube compared to fighting with dusty bags that can rip.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Inherited an original Dyson (dc4?) from our in laws, cleaned it out, and is still working perfectly.

On that basis, Dyson.

willej

We’ve had a Dyson DC-03 for 12 years. I clean it when it needs cleaning and I replaced the hose once. Otherwise faultless. Hoping it never dies.

richmars

We’ve gone cordless Dyson,which is good in that it limits cleaning time in one session to 12 minutes.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Best tip for Dyson owners is to change the “lifetime” filter once a year. They’re about £12, depending on model.
    Makes ours like new again.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Bought a Miele pull along. Apart from wifey losing ALL of the attachements, it’s been great. I can honestly say my vacuum sucks.

Kuco

I like my Henry.

iolo
    Free Member

The Henry we had was bloody awful. You could do a better job using a straw and suck the carpet yourself.
    Got a Dyson turbo super something. It really does a good job. Especially with animal hair.
    As mentioned change the filters and it works just fine.
    Would you drive your car for 5 years with no service?

sv

Our DC08 dyson stopped working and was replaced by a ‘Henry’. The Dyson only needed a motor – £20 of Ebay and its now a great garage vacuum cleaner 🙂 The Henry is heavy, doesn’t move about very well, the hose is too long, is top heavy and (coupled with its difficulty in moving) topples over all the time. The Dyson is six years old and that includes a house renovation so got a hard time in its early !

moniex
    Free Member

Miele, if it survives me using it, it must be indestructible! Had it about 8 years now.

Regularly falls down the stairs, used several times a day……

Recently dropped the nozzle in a bucket of water when cleaning the car…when it was on 😯

Left it to dry and still works fine….

khani
    Free Member

Got a ball type Dyson thingy and a Henry, The Dysons broke once but they came out within 48hours and fixed it on the spot for free, the Henry’s indestructible (fell down stairs twice, and hoovered up loads of builders crap after a big extension build)
    But, the Henry is crap on carpets unless you get a powered head attachment and then it’s a pita to drag about, whereas the Dyson is superb on everything but more fragile, but the Dyson 5yr warranty is good..
    So.. Both!
    Sorry..

eskay

The bagless thing is a gimmic, you’ve still got to empty it in the bin which takes a few seconds less than changing the bag I admit but it’s not worth the money.

The bagless thing is far from a gimmick. It is not about how long it takes to empty, it is to do with how much the cleaner still sucks as the bag/bin fills up.

I used to work in the engineering department at Dyson so know a little bit about vacuum cleaners from many, many manufacturers.

Good bagless cleaners are a much better choice than cleaners with bags.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Hoover Track World’ is closed to new replies.