Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Holidaying in Inverness with my dogs
  • theomen

So I’m from Southern Ireland and thinking of holidaying in Inverness for a week this summer with my wife and two dogs. We’ll be taking the ferry from Belfast to Cairnryan. However, dog friendly accommodation is around £308 for two nights!

Would any of you have suggestions for dog and pocket friendly accommodation around Inverness? Camping is out of the question as my wife hates camping.

Thanks

tthew

TBH, that sounds fairly reasonable for summer holiday accommodation in a popular spot for 2 adults and a couple of pooches.

supremebean
    Free Member

I think the Travelodge at Fairways accept dogs, prob be somewhere in the region of £700-£900 for 7 days i would think though.

joshvegas
    Free Member

As above really.

Height of the season, companies trying to stay afloat after their industry shut down for a year.

75pounds each a night plus free lodgings for the dogs… Seems reasonable.

convert

Do you actually mean Inverness, or the general area? Personally whilst I like having Inverness close by, I’d not choose to holiday there – so much more to do in the area.

We are dog friendly but only take one week bookings. However our friends place a few hundred metres up the lane does. It’s relatively basic (edit – not that basic, think IKEA furnishings) but lovely location. You might need to sweet talk Anna into two dogs – can’t remember if her normal limit is one.

https://www.betulachalet.com/

Ah, edit looks like she’s upped it to minimum of 3 nights – don’t blame her! And it’s not that much cheaper (esp if paying to 3 nights and staying for 2). So may not be any use for you.

duncancallum

Travel lodge is dog friendly.

One near the snow goose is OK plus the pubs ok for food

Spin
    Free Member

Travel lodge is dog friendly.

One near the snow goose is OK plus the pubs ok for food

Each to their own but a hotel in a retail park next to a busy dual carriage way isn’t really my idea of holiday fun!

stevious

Culloden cottage in Smithton have wooden chalets and I think they’re dog friendly. Just a skip away from culloden forest which is a great place for dogs.

duncancallum

It’s not mine but tbf the hotel was quiet.

I’d be looking at holiday cottages in Strathpeffer or on the black Isles

But for 2 nights @spin there’s worse places

Spin
    Free Member

But for 2 nights @spin there’s worse places

This is true. The food in the Snowgoose is a bit hit or miss but it’s surprisingly nice inside.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Each to their own but a hotel in a retail park next to a busy dual carriage way isn’t really my idea of holiday fun!

That describes one of three. The one way up the back is considerably newer and nicer.

Edit: ignore me, getting my hotel chains mixed up.

GolfChick
    Free Member

As has been said travelodge accepts dogs and I know people will turn their noses up at travelodge but it depends on what you’re planning on doing and the type of holiday you want. If you’re going to be out exploring all day, you’ll only be there to sleep and go again? Also having dogs you can relax a little knowing its not gold star accommodation, with my last dog the only place she was ever allowed on the bed was a travelodge! It’s £20 per stay per dog.

convert

Well, dog friendly short lets must be in short supply….we’ve just taken a booking (through our agents Sykes) for early August for 3 nights for 5 adults, a child and a dog. Thing is we only take weekly bookings so they are paying the same for 3 nights as 7. Nuts……which means I’m not holding out a lot of hope they’ll either cancel and we’ll miss out on a prime booking or they’ll be properly demanding or disrespectful to the property.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

A colleague at work has chalets overlooking the Beauly Firth http://www.pinechalets.Co.uk, might be worth a look.

theomen

Thank you all for your suggestions\advice. We were just thinking of basing ourselves around Inverness and then travelling around from there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.