Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Holiday Let / AirBnB owners/hosts lets have your words of wisdom andtails of woe
  • oldtennisshoes

Picked up the keys for my place over the weekend. Also pondering the furniture options. There seems to be plenty of decent stuff on Gumtree & Facebook which I’m going to investigate. Might even use it in the marketing blurb re eco credentials 🙂

poolman
    Free Member

Good luck with the venture. Be aware of scammers getting even more ambitious as they have been outsmarted by many systems. I nearly just fell for a scam wanting paying me direct, so wanted my details.

This was within a secure messaging environment on a booking portal. May be genuine but had scam written all over it.

Be on your guard.

Edukator
    Free Member

In this part of the world people are giving up on Air B&B because of the bed bug issue (as hosts anyhow). I’ve been travelling around Europe for years and it’s something that is becoming more and more of a problem. AirB&B is at the heart of the problem but censor reviews so it’s pretty much absent from their site. We’ve bought a deep freeze to put everything in on boost freeze for 4 days on return from trips away but there’s nothing you can do about people contaminating you house when they visit. We were contaminated on our last trip. I picked 6 live bed bugs out of our luggage on our last night before returning home.

https://www.airbnbhell.com/?s=bed+bugs

Use Google translate, this thread covers th esubject well.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/H%C3%A9bergement/Punaises-de-lit/td-p/564287

oldtennisshoes

Well a couple of months in and it all seems to be going OK. I’ve started off with relatively low nightly rates, but the occupancy has been 85%, so happy with that. I’ve also put over £1,000 into the local community in terms of work for those doing the change over for me. As we approach the traditionally quieter months, it will be interesting to see how things progress.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Holiday Let / AirBnB owners/hosts lets have your words of wisdom andtails of woe’ is closed to new replies.