Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Holiday cottage recommendations. Torridon area. needs to sleep 2 and allow a dog
  • sofaking
    Free Member

Anyone have any where they would recommend  ?

looking for next Sept.

hodgynd
    Free Member

We stayed at Ferroch Cottage this summer in Annat ..which I would recommend ..not sure about pets though ..

leondemille
    Free Member

National Trust Scotland used to have a couple, only stayed at Stalkers Cottage which was great but next to a deer farm if your dog is excitable!

sofaking
    Free Member

thanks for the recommendations

CraigW
    Free Member

The Ben Damph Estate bothy looks quite nice. I’ve stayed in the log house next to it. Great views over the loch. http://www.bendamph.com/bothy

hodgynd
    Free Member

Ferroch Cottage is also owned by the estate ..

sofaking
    Free Member

i think we have a different idea on whats perfect John Key 😉

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Years ago stayed in a converted cow byre near a cliff edge in a wood at the end of a footpath, which was itself at the end of a track in Lower Diabaig. Which in itself is a tiny coastal village at the end of a nine-mile dead-end road. Incredibly scenic and atmospheric place. Byre was basic, but had everything you needed including a log burner. It cost buttons, as I recall.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Thurman ..

We stayed in the last cottage in the row at Upper Diabaig a couple of years back and would agree with you in terms of it being a fantastic location ..

Right opposite the cottage was a bridge which led onto a path to take you up into the hills ..I used my mountain bike to explore that trail which once you negotiated a deer fence was a fantastic tech path ..but equally would also make a good walk 😉.

Can’t remember if that took pets either ..

The place itself is as far as you can go on the road along the peninsula after passing the Applecross Inn ..

sofaking
    Free Member

Thanks folks, all sorted now. decided to stay at Kinlochewe instead

duncancallum

I stay in gairloch as there’s shops n pubs n drive in.

Mmm cheesy scones at mountain coffee co…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Holiday cottage recommendations. Torridon area. needs to sleep 2 and allow a dog’ is closed to new replies.