Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hm, replacement iPhone earphones – where?
  • kcal

Lost / mislaid my old pair of in ear earphones for iPhone. Not even sure if they were original or not. Had picked up a couple off pairs (possibly not original) from 7dayshop but they don’t do them any more.

Any suggestions for reasonable outlets not selling rubbish ones (if you read Amazon reviews you’d never buy a pair!) or alternatives that have functionality – mute, mic, volume // ?

tinybits
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new pair of genuine apple ones, with 3.5mm jack if you’re interested? They’ve been sat in my desk drawer since work gave me a phone

kcal

oh, would be good to sort something out — I’ll PM you shortly — C.

CountZero

TBH, there isn’t really anything that’s like the Apple EarPods that’s as good unless you pay almost as much.
    I’ve got a pair I got with my old iP5, and they still work, although I’ve had to bodge the cable around the plug, because it’s started to go intermittent, I built it up with epoxy, then put heat-shrink to support it.
    I have another pair I got with my iP6+, but I’ve mislaid those, so I’ve just bought another pair.
    I’ve got other ‘phones that cost a lot more, but the ‘Pods sound great, and they’re so easy to take in and out if you need to talk to people.
    I did try some cheaper knock-offs, and honestly they weren’t worth the saving made, stick with the originals.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah the knock-offs are crap, the OE ones are surprisingly good though.

I wouldn’t buy any from very straight up sellers or they will be copies.

prawny

I also have a pair of genuine iPhone buds, I hate them and would be happy to swap them for a some beer tokens

kcal

have PM’d tb, prawny, but if doesn’t work out I’ll try PMing you if that’s OK.

mattyfez

I’ve always thought the stock headphones that come with samsungs are pretty damn decent.

That’s pretty much the only good thing I have to say about Samsung phones.

I use them as standard day to day headphones as they are reasonably cheap and sound really good.

Cougar

TBH, there isn’t really anything that’s like the Apple EarPods that’s as good unless you pay almost as much.

So, you can get something as good as the Apple ones for slightly cheaper?

garlic
    Free Member

Just bought a new pair for 7.99 inc postage on ebay- are genuine Apple. Also the high steet shop Tiger does Apple style headphones for 3.99. They sound and look great but with a slightly longer cable.

skids
    Free Member

Cex have them I have sold 3 pairs in the last few months (sealed obviously)

mattyfez

I don’t think there’s anything special about the apple ones apart from the fact they are solid lumps that don’t fit and drop out of your ears.

CountZero

I don’t think there’s anything special about the apple ones apart from the fact they are solid lumps that don’t fit and drop out of your ears.

Well, they sound as good as phones costing two-three times as much, and I have the ‘phones with which to make a direct comparison.
    The fit, well that’s a really personal thing, I’ve bought ‘phones in the past that I’ve struggled in vain to get a decent fit, without success, the EarPods seem to fit me just fine, although they don’t block much ambient noise so well.

kcal

hm, fired off couple of PMs to those members above that offered spares – no response yet.

prawny

I’ve replied, now I’ve spotted it 😳

kcal

🙂

prawny

Got it, I’ll sort them tonight for you.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hm, replacement iPhone earphones – where?’ is closed to new replies.