Home Forums Bike Forum High tibia osteomety

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • High tibia osteomety
  • matt-lewis
    Free Member

Hello,

I have grade IV arthritis in the medial compartment of my knee and the surgeon has mentioned a high tibia osteomety. It looks and sounds brutal but it preserves the natural knee and avoids a knee replacement. Just wondering if anyone out there has gone through it. Sitting on your bum for 6 weeks looks the worst part of it for me. Any feedback or personal experiences would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Matt

martinb
    Free Member

Hi,  I had one done in 2017,  I had unbeknown to me, bandy legs and damage from rugby and running. I think there are various types of surgery,  I had a wedge opened up on my inner right tibia just below the knee and a titanium plate secured using 3” ti screws.   This stayed in place for 2 years, it could have stayed in permanently but I had it removed.

I have some X-ray photos that look like there’s a puppet show going on inside my knee.

I hobbled out on crutches and did a lot of knee icing,  they gave me a iced water gadget.

I didn’t have that ring with bolts going into my leg.  my knees are ok now, so I guess it was a success,  right hip is shot now.  I’m 60.

if you get it done,  do the physio to retain full movement and strengthen the quads before hand as much as possible.

dm me if I can answer any questions or you want to see X-ray photos.

good luck

mattlewis
    Free Member

Thanks or this Martin. That sounds encouraging and the surgeon seems to think it will solve the issue. It does look brutal. Just wondering for how long you were off the bike! I will DM you. Cheers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.