Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • High Street, route tips / advice
  • captain_bastard
    Free Member

Despite having ridden in the lakes many many times, never done High Street. Planning a trip up there early (very early!) Sunday as the weather is looking perfect and the early start to avoid crowds.

Any advice ref routes to make a loop, start points with parking, and coffee cake stops to finish would be really helpful

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I’m watching this with interest as I hope to be there next weekend and was gonna ride it too.

As it stands our route seems simple as we are staying at a campsite right by the start of a climb up to The Knott to start the Northern half of the High St.

tuboflard

Only done it a couple of times and the push up from Hayeswater is a bit of a grueller. Plus if you’re expecting endless downhill singletrack from High Raise towards Pooley Bridge, prepare to be disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still lovely open Lakes riding on a flat ridge line with super views, but it’s pedally and can be boggy in parts.

The sections by Ullswater however are super, and the alternative route via Boredale Hause is also great.

carlos
    Free Member

Standard loop for me is – park in Pooley Bridge, Up to The Cockpit past the lodges, on to High Street, follow High Street to Straits of Riggindale, Right past The Knott, Satura Cragg, Angel Tarn, Boredale Hause, Keep Right at The Disused Quarry and stay on the higher Bridleway to the Right of Silver Crag, drop to Ullswater Bridleway and go Right, Right at Sandwick and follow the lanes to Hause Farm, pick up Bridleway to Howtown and continue as it climbs back onto High Street back at The Cockpit, descend back to Pooley Bridge same way you 1st headed out.

Food at Granny Dowbekins Tea Rooms. (The Club Sandwich is awesome)

lowey

The best bit of advise I can give is do something else. The area is packed with world class routes. High Street is a bog at the best of times and the lakeshore singletrack will be rammed.

Do St. Sunday crag instead.

grum
    Free Member

What lowey said. It’s very meh

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lowey speaks wisely, listen.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘High Street, route tips / advice’ is closed to new replies.