Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • High rear (boot) rack for a Ford Kuga?
  • gordon85
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m looking for a rear rack for my Kuga, a ‘high’ one so the plate and lights are still visible.

Rather than taking a punt does anyone have any to recommend?

Unfortunately I dont have roof rails and they’re £££ to fit, buy the bars and the bike holder.

Cheers

Jordan

Have a look here

The fitting guide is at the bottom of the page to find which ones wil fit your vehicle.

I just bought a used Backpac. Not fitted it yet but the build quality is really solid.

gordon85
    Free Member

Thanks man, I tried that but I get nil hits for a boot rack!

Jordan

Yeah, you are right unfortunately. Had a quick look at Roofbox.co.uk and this came up “It’s not possible to fit a rear door fitting bike carrier to this vehicle, this is due to the design and/or strength of the tailgate. We recommend considering either roof bar or tow bar mounting bike carriers.” Bummer!

csb

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mont-Blanc-CM06-Mount-Carrier/dp/B001B76SFM

This one is simple and serves us well. We use an extra ratchet strap round all the bikes to the roof rails too.

gordon85
    Free Member

Cheers,

What type of car do you have it on? Saloon, hatch or suv ting?

csb

We have it on a skoda superb estate. Not dissimilar boot shape to yours.

ssboggy

Is the reason no one recommends that type of rack on the Kuga because of the material the door is made of? On my Smax it has a plastic rear hatch and I remember seeing somewhere not to use that kind of bike carrier due to it’s lack of strength. Might be worth trying to find out if the Kuga is the same.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘High rear (boot) rack for a Ford Kuga?’ is closed to new replies.