• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Hey, are you worried about your headphones piping radiation into your head?
  • IHN

Then worry no more!

https://www.scottsofstow.co.uk/sos/skimguard-anti-radiation-air-tube-headphones

🙂

To be fair, it’s pretty poor, it’s essentially scare mongering to a vulnerable audience.

footflaps

No…

MSP

3.5mm jack connects to any standard headphone port

Good job I am an apple fanboi, their unsophisticated marketing is wasted on me.

senorj

Dr Dre ,in the defiant ones, had wires on his.
    Good enough for him….

croe
    Free Member

I wasn’t until now…

sirromj

it’s essentially scare mongering to a vulnerable audience.

No it looks like an ad out of the Weekend bit of the Daily Mail so I trust it fully and the Trustpilot score confirms I’m right to do so.

I don’t care that the £10 saving I make is then taken back in delivery charges, my trust in the product is worth it.

oldtennisshoes

Same sort as they use in an MRI scanner IIRC.

CountZero

Piping microwave radiation right into your head! Bullshit marketing aimed at fleecing the paranoid.
    I’d like to see the scientific explanation for microwave radiation being carried along a headphone cable.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dunno what the reasons are. I always assumed it was hygiene and cost but the headsets for walkie talkies are usually air tube earpieces.

Piping microwave radiation right into your head! Bullshit marketing aimed at fleecing the paranoid.
    I’d like to see the scientific explanation for microwave radiation being carried along a headphone cable.

You do know you’re probably typing that on a device that takes microwaves from the air, turns them into electrical signals down a bit of copper, processes them and sends a signal back up bit or wire where they go into the air……..

And lots of radio equipment does use the audio wiring as a second antennae.

No idea if it’s something to worry about though.

andytherocketeer

Most mp3 etc. players will use the headphone lead as an external aerial

No idea if it’s something to worry about though.

The radiation comes from the transmitter, not the receiver, and is passing thru your head anyway. The headphone lead will steal a little bit of that radiation and pump it in to the phone/mp3player.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

3.5mm jack connects to any standard headphone port

Standard in 1989

funkmasterp

No worry me. All good phonehead for years, no bad side effects

DezB
    Free Member

I actually put my head in the microwave oven to get my fix of directly piped microwaves. Product is wasted on me.

martinhutch

My head is a ‘neutral space’ already, so I’m not worried.

muddy@rseguy

I wonder if they also do an anti radiation intercom system that’s two old tin cans connected by a piece of string?

footflaps

I wonder if they also do an anti radiation intercom system that’s two old tin cans connected by a piece of string?

You think that’s safe! The whole thing acts as a massive antenna for cosmic rays, piping them directing into you….

footflaps

Insects have antennae.

The plural of antenna is antennas….

CountZero

That’s to receive, not to transmit, which was the point I was making, there’s no microwave radiation involved when listening to music being played by any given device.

GrahamS

Reminds me of the chat I had with a hippy yoga teacher friend of mine last week after she re-posted facebook scare stories about there being no insects alive within a 1 mile radius of a 5G transmitter “due to the microwave radiation”

IHN

Insects have antennae.
    The plural of antenna is antennas….

And it should be ‘second antenna’ anyway.

cookeaa

No point for me I’m already wearing a tinfoil hat inside a custom Faraday cage lined helmet and I’ve blocked my ears up to keep out the sound of fake news…

DezB
    Free Member

there’s no microwave radiation involved when listening to music

Oh, our resident scientist has spoken! So why does this product exist then eh? Why are music fans going round with 2 heads and 7 ears? Answer me that?!

( 😉 , just in case)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hey, are you worried about your headphones piping radiation into your head?’ is closed to new replies.