Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hernia repair-repair
  • CheesybeanZ

Had a inguinal hernia repair summer 2018 , this morning docs confirmed its torn away and the hernia is back! Anyone had a repair repaired ?

singletrackmind

Yep, double double. Mesh inserts seem to be holding this time though. Bi lateral so maybe an easier way to fix it. Done with keyhole surgery second time, open access first time, but I was a kid and that was a bit of a long time ago

easygirl

Just had mine done 4 weeks ago , mesh insert which surgeon assured me was around 96% effective !

Lionheart
    Free Member

James my son had two hernias in his teens, DH racing crashes… both have needed doing again in his early twenties.

CheesybeanZ

mesh insert which surgeon assured me was around 96% effective !

Seems I’m in the minority .

marcg868
    Free Member

Yeah umbilical hernia done twice, first 2009 (march) popped September 2010 repaired December 2010.
    The incision covers the majority of my abdominal area, but its held for 10 years.

CheesybeanZ

Had a chat with the surgeon yesterday , going to be open surgery this time as too much scar tissue from the previous keyhole . Deep joy .

trailwagger
    Free Member

Something in the news the other day about mesh inserts not being tested properly and causing long term issues for patients….

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had a mesh insert on my stomach, it’s held up well.  I had some time off running, but back to that fairly quickly and it’s held up nicely.

catfood
    Free Member

Slightly depressing reading as I’m still recovering from a (massive according to my surgeon) inguinal hernia repair, eight weeks in and still a bit tender.

CheesybeanZ

catfood , if it makes you feel better I’m 56 and have a manual job , gardener/ landscape work . Surgeon suggested I change jobs !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hernia repair-repair’ is closed to new replies.