• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Gunz.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Help me survive an 80th birthday party!
  • ravingdave

Today i have to go to an 80th party for an uncle. Never been that close. Dont know half the people there. Hate events like this as have nothing in common. They are pretty much the opposite to me.

Getting blind drunk is the obvious, but am driving myself the wife and our 3 under 5! So not an option.

Help needed!

bruneep

seriously take time  talk to “old people” they have some amazing life tales to tell.

They have lived a life as well, before you did.

jam-bo

Start making an ‘I love the EU’ t-shirt now?

ravingdave

Jam bo

Thats a top idea. And on the back i could say i dont hate LGBT or non white people either!

CheesybeanZ

3 under 5s , you’ll be to busy chasing them to worry about not knowing anyone .

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

my grandad died on his 80th birthday. It was a great shock to us all.

we were only halfway through the bumps.

jekkyl

You could have so much fun asking oldie strangers leading questions and see how they respond. Or just random nonsense and see how they respond.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

seriously take time  talk to “old people” they have some amazing life tales to tell.

+1

They weren’t always old and boring, once they were young and boring just like you.

Also, its your uncle, get dirt on your parents as kids.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Go into into it with a closed mind and don’t bother trying to make an effort.

Oh i see you’re already set.

epicyclo

My uncle danced until 4am on his 90th. Proper swing stuff, not slow shuffling.

He was aided by a bio fuel made in Scotland, Glenmorangie, I think.

The young ones had a ball too with their music, and he danced to that as well.

Not boring in the slightest.

Popped his clogs after a brief illness at 97.

Drac

Sounds like an opportunity to get to know your relatives.

Gunz
    Free Member

Hope you had a good time and realised that the world doesn’t revolve around you also.

maccruiskeen

These threads never go as the op expects so they 🙂

tdog
    Free Member

Or you could take him a squirting penis cake 😂

tdog
    Free Member

Come’on folk lighten up, haven’t you guys ever seen a penis cake before.

#threadkiller

joshvegas
    Free Member

I enjoyed it.

It appears the OP has sloped off 😂

ravingdave

No, been busy.

Penis cake was ace!! As for all the sarcastic responses from drac et al. I cant be bothered to reply. I didnt have a great up bringing, and spend most of my parenting time establishing how to improve. Which isnt hard. Anyway, the whole event passed without incident which is best i could hope for.

It was meant as a way to tap into the STW homour vein. Clearly i only got the sanctimous t**ts vein!

tdog
    Free Member

@ravingdave- I understand where you’re coming from now and yeah family can be a tough bit*h can’t it.

No doubt you’ll put things right with bringing up your own going on the fact you recognise what/how not to do it.

what happened to families genuinely being there for one another and having a positive effect on others 🙄

Got my grandma’s 95th and grandpas 98th coming up v soon.

tbh I don’t feel the want to even send them a card as they never bothered to visit or keep in contact when I were growing up nor did my only extended family on my father’s side.

none on mum’s!

So yeah It’s fair to say I’m in a f family mood for the last umpteenth years. 😂

Gunz
    Free Member

Fair one Dave, I was feeling sanctimonious when I posted and now feel under some pressure to be humorous…..I’m at work now, it’s just not happening.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Help me survive an 80th birthday party!’ is closed to new replies.