Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help me find a post – 29er frame purchased from the US
  • sandwicheater

Post maybe a month or two ago about someone on here taking a punt and purchasing a new frame from the US.

Not a bike manufacturer I’d come across before.

Frame was very similar to Salsa Horsethief. Was sub £600.

khani
    Free Member
    sandwicheater

Blooming heck that was quick, 10 internet points khani, thanks.

khani
    Free Member

I remembered the silly name 🙂
    The frame itself looks nice though..

campbellwalsh
    Free Member

My previous post was deleted by the moderator for some reason. Possibly because I included a link to Uk distributor? Will try again…

Also looking for info/feedback on these. Currently ride a Tallboy carbon. Looking for something with longer travel that will take more Peak/Lake District abuse.

Does anyone on here have one?

slingerland
    Free Member

Hey,
    I’ve actually just bought a Thumper.
    I can really recommend you to get one. The frame is well built, they’re built in the same factory as Santa Cruz and its more or less is a Salsa Horsethief. Geometry is what i was looking for with a 68 HA etc.
    I have a few photos on here http://instagram.com/cmiller220
    Have a look on on the Blue Flow Bikes site. Stuart there is the UK dealer and was really helpful with everything.

CheesybeanZ

He’s selling the HH thumper frames on evil bay for £699.00 as the official uk importer with a 12mth uk warranty . I really want one but the uk guy selling them seems a bit del boyish. IMHO .

slingerland
    Free Member

I saw them on ebay and gave him a ring too and sorted a viewing. I collected mine as he sells them for £600 collected.
    Fitted the headset there and then as well which saved a trip to the shop as i don’t have a press.
    He is the genuine dealer and the warranty is through Switchback bikes (who Hammerhead now is).
    You register it on the Switchback website.

Drac

Interesting that you’ve joined the forum just for those 2 posts slingerland almost as curious as Campbellwalsh appearing too after several months. It’s funny as there was a Campbell Walsh who was a team mate in Athens 2004 the same Athens 2004 with the current importer of HH. 😆

slingerland
    Free Member

I don’t really use the forums other than to read reviews or get info or something. I usually do all my posting on Facebook and Instagram, but i said id do a quick write up etc on how i got on with the bike when i get round to it on here and Pinkbike.

Cougar

I really want one but the uk guy selling them seems a bit del boyish. IMHO .

The guy selling them is currently serving a week’s ban, as he’s persisted in trying to slip sales links into posts despite repeated warnings. Far as we can tell he’s responded to this by getting one of his mates to post instead, going “hey, I’ve just found distributor completely coincidentally, here’s the link!”

Now, we’ve nothing against businesses responding to queries, in fact it’s actively encouraged. However, direct trade advertising is against the forum rules as it’s a quick way for a magazine to go out of business, and astroturfing is very much frowned upon as it’s dishonest and misleading. If you want to respond to customers (or customers of your mates) then feel free; however if you come on here lying and thinking we’re all dim then you’re going to get short shrift. Sorry.

If it were me starting a new one-man-band business then I’d be approaching trade media like, oh I don’t know, ads@singletrackworld.com to pick one completely at random, to discuss maybe running an article or doing a review, maybe running some advertising to promote the venture. There’s obviously interest, it seems like an interesting and pretty unique offering to me. Kind of symbiosis, if you will.

Sorry if this is a little blunt, but I’m getting bored now. But if you keep astroturfing, we’ll keep deleting them. And we’re demonstrably quite good at spotting them.

blueandwhiteblade
    Free Member

Apologies to all for being ‘over-enthusiastic’ on a couple of STW threads including this one.

Things aren’t totally as Cougar described above and he lifted my ban when I contacted him to say sorry and to explain the situation. However, I have inadvertently over-stepped the mark and it will not happen again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help me find a post – 29er frame purchased from the US’ is closed to new replies.