Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Booths Supermarket- any fans?
  • hora
    Free Member

Late to the party here but I’ve ‘happened across our local one here in Manchester and well, I love it!

Its now my go-to Supermarket. Any one else? 🙂

wwaswas

Is it Waitrose for dwellers in the northern provinces?

Drac

For the Midlands I think as never seen one in the North.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Used the ones in Keswick and Windermere, expensive, but the prepared food is very nice (especially the lasagne) 😛

GHill

Usually have a great selection of beers, I particularly like the one in Keswick.

martinhutch

Of course there are (Unless Cumbria and Yorkshire don’t count as proper north).

Keswick, Kirkby Lonsdale, Settle, Ilkley. Anywhere with moneyed visitors or locals.

binners

Best. Cheese Shop. Ever.

In a bank balance threatening manner. Its quite easy to get carried away 😳

Drac

Of course there are (Unless Cumbria and Yorkshire don’t count as proper north).

North Midlands maybe.

john_drummer
    Free Member

And the beer selection is very impressive.

I think it’s very much a North West thing. My nearest is in Ilkley but I have seen them in Preston and Windermere too

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Pffft, Cumbria, you mean here…
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheged. 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Booths is amazeballs (apart from the Lancaster one). Surprisingly, the best one I’ve been to was in Garstang.

Bit pricy for everyday shopping though (and of course I use local independents don’t you know 🙂 ).

Pah – Waitrose is like Iceland compared to Booths.

Drac

Yup they’re in the NW and parts of Yorkshire supposed to be pretty good.

Best. Cheese Shop. Ever.

Independent ones are the best, we have a great little one in town.

allthepies
    Free Member

Never been in one (as they’re Northern) but I understand their beer range is epic.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Booths is amazeballs (apart from the Lancaster one). Surprisingly, the best one I’ve been to was in Garstang.

Lancaster’s getting a new one: http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/business/builders-will-go-to-ground-to-build-new-state-of-the-art-store-1-6591633

Drac

Never been in one (as they’re Northern) but I understand their beer range is epic.

There’s none in the North.

johni
    Free Member

New one being built in Barrowford near me right opposite a new build Morrisons M-Local that is half built too.

binners

Independent ones are the best, we have a great little one in town.

I think you’d be surprised Drac. You really would think you were at a high end independent, the selection is that good! Probably as it is an independent. 😉

Drac

Possibly, next time I’m in the Midlands I’ll take a look.

RobHilton
    Free Member

For the Midlands I think as never seen one in the North.

What do you mean by North? Are you a Viking?

Booths are frikkin ace BTW! Awesome booze aisle.

allthepies
    Free Member

🙄

Keswick and Penrith might be South of where you live but they’re Northern ™

hora
    Free Member

Like for like it compares well to Tescos on stuff I buy tbh.

Spud

Best booze aisle I’ve ever seen. My pre Xmas visit resulted in many malts!

Drac

Keswick and Penrith might be South of where you live but they’re Northern ™

Why have you trade marked Northern?

What do you mean by North? Are you a Viking?

There’s no vikings any more.

binners

Bin bags and bleach?

Drac

Bin bags and bleach?

Dairy Lea and Stella.

cliffyc
    Free Member

My OH works there,northern based (Preston),family owned business. Very highly rated stores. They are in a buying group with Waitrose,so get great offers. With a Booths loyalty card you can get a free coffee or tea in their restaurants every day… (err like Waitrose). They made their name years ago in tea and coffee and it’s still fantastic now.

Philby

Best supermarket by a country mile – great butchers, deli and beer selection. Love going to the Ilkley one when I’m back in God’s Own Country – wish they would expand down to the South West where I now live.

bokonon
    Free Member

Booths, the supermarket for grammar pedants because they have a 10 items or fewer aisle.

grum
    Free Member

Hmmm…. it seems significantly more for everyday items to me, but the trouble with Booths is that there’s so much deliciousness on offer that you don’t just buy everyday items.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’ve not been in a Booths for knocking on 10 years but a couple of visits to the North of Englind they stick out in my mind (Kirkby Lonsdale & Settle ones).

Yeah, I like ’em. Could do with one up here in the North East ((Scotland I mean ).

ourmaninthenorth

Ahem…

Pah – Waitrose is like Iceland compared to Booths.

+1

Cougar

Clitheroe’s my nearest. It’s ace, but a weekly shop there will leave you with a sore bottom (unless you’re a visiting Southerner not used to buying two pints in a pub and getting change from a fiver). Going every couple of months as a treat is far more sensible.

RobHilton
    Free Member

There’s no vikings any more.

Not in the Midlands ™

Bunnyhop

90% of my food shopping is from local independents. However I love Booths.
    They tend to buy stuff from local suppliers/farmers e.g. milk. So you do pay a little more but the quality is amazing.
    There is talk of one coming to Marple where I live, as long as it doesn’t take custom away from the local retailers, I’m happy to have one in the village.

grum – I like Iceland, the staff in there are fantastic and can’t do enough for you 🙂

Pembo
    Free Member

I occasionally use the one in Knutsford. They now stock 3 types of Gluten Free beer, 2 by Nick Hambleton and the best one which is wold top brewery’s Against the Grain. The general GF range is also pretty good.

Drac

You could try here Rob.

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Booths can’t be that posh, we have one in Blackpool. Very nice, as long as you’re not in a hurry, their staff like to chat to you 🙂

lowey

ALE.

Nothing more to say really.

hora
    Free Member

Lady Gresley. They are very friendly. A warmer friendly than Pret. Hard to describe?

slowoldman

Used to frequent the one in Kirkby Lonsdale when up that way. Haven’t been for a while. May need to pop over to Meeja City.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Booths Supermarket- any fans?’ is closed to new replies.