Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Help me find a bike storage locker like this one…
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

I’m moving to the big city and have use of an outhouse to store my bike. I want to be extra safe and store it inside the outhouse in something like this:

This one’s from Argos. I need one big enough to take a 29er with the front wheel off. Anyone seen any bargains recently?

EDIT: about 100 quid or so…

andyl
    Free Member

that won’t really stop much in all honesty. There are some ones more fit for your purpose but they are about £500+. But that is speaking as someone who used to live in Brizzle, bike crime capital of the UK.

Take a look at Screwfix as they are not too bad for price and remember they don’t normally come with a floor. I would spend the money on a big fat almax chain and set a ground anchor in a trug or old car tyre on a bit of ply filled with post crete.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I would add that I have solo use of this brick outhouse, it has a locking door and safety glass in the window. It’s also next to a Police station!
    I’d like to keep the bike in a ‘under the counter’ style box so that eyes cannot see it if I had the door open while pottering about. Also, it would protect the bike from getting buried by clutter etc. I could use the lid as a workbench and have a large door in the front to get the bike out. I may end up custom making something out of wood. Just wondered if there was a metal version that would be easy to assemble.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help me find a bike storage locker like this one…’ is closed to new replies.