Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • £530 Rockshox Pike
  • matther01
    Free Member

Does this seem like a good deal or worth holding out until after Christmas?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Where?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

With price match and cash back, I got the 29er version from Evans a couple of weeks ago for £512. You may manage sub 500 in the post Christmas sales, I would hang fire for now.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

£500 quid for a fork. Effin hell.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Upgrade-itis sure is getting expensive

deviant
    Free Member

Ridiculous money.
    Unless the bike came with Pikes I’d put something else on my bike.
    Currently running a set of coil sprung Sektors on my bike and they’re easily the best forks I’ve ridden… just something about a good old fashioned spring in an oil bath that is so smooth, in my opinion air forks aren’t quite there yet.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

paulosoxo – Member
    £500 quid for a fork. Effin hell.

Oh no, £500 for a top end fork that is better than a £1000 Fox 34. Effin hell.

LoCo
    Free Member

I wish I hadn’t asked how much a set of X Fusion Revels (ltd edition USD) forks where, they should be amazing, however I can’t justify that much on a fork even at trade, RRP is though to be around £1800 :-0

Entonox
    Free Member

I’m not sure there is a better fork for the money.

matther01
    Free Member

Yes, £500 is a lot of money for a fork, but its £100 more expensive than a slant and several hundred pounds cheaper than a fox. On looks and performance it is best in its class…im justifying the purchase by stopping smoking.

Also, with the way the market seems to be headed..it could also potentially be the best and last technologically advanced 26″ fork made…so im seeing it as a 4-5 year investment before im forced into 650b

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Where you seeing pikes for 530 bud?

robhughes
    Free Member

Do tell. 😀

sparkingchains
    Free Member

If you’ve got the cash and you don’t want to settle for less. High end stuff holds it’s value too of course. I’d wait till Jan/Feb sales.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Or £441 for x-fusion sweeps. Arguably as good but maybe not so blingy.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Hahah when I saw 500 quid I thought…wow that’s cheap. Remember guys…up until recently 1 year old Lyriks had been going for 700 odd quid on CRC. These actually seem like good value! As do the Slants!

RobHilton
    Free Member

£500 at Freeborn, but maybe not the one’s you’d be after?

Mugboo

I get the impression that Rockshox will be selling different lowers & dampers if you need to convert to 650b later.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Not saying £500 is cheap to spend on bike bits, but seems reasonable to me based on the cost of other bike bits. When compared to £350+ for a hard-tail frame and far more than that for a full suss frame and £200+ for rear shocks, then £500 for top end forks seems to be in the ball park to me. After all a frame is basically welded tubes where as a fork is made up of multiple parts so far more complex to produce. Bottom line is that bike bits are expensive unfortunately and I don’t think anyone can justify them.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘£530 Rockshox Pike’ is closed to new replies.