Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help me choose a new frame – 29er full sus
  • swoosh
    Free Member

Last autumn I decided it was time to sell my 10 year old Pipedream Sirius 26er and get a carbon Maccatuskil 29er for my local xc rides. I really like the 29er wheels and like how they feel more stable and have better roll over than the 26er wheels.

Since getting the Macca I’ve ridden my full suspension bike just twice and both times it’s felt very odd and a little small. So I’m now playing with the idea of replacing the full suspension bike for something 29 flavoured.

Another thing is all my controls are different between my current 2 bikes (brakes, gears are slx on one and gx on the other, dropper lever etc) and so that’s another thing to make them feel very different. So I’m looking to build this 29er full suspension with individual components and match them both as best I can. All the components I need come in at £1500 so I need a frame that costs £500 so I can do the lot for £2k total.

Can anyone help me find a frame including shock for £500?

I like the look of the Vitus Escarpe but that’s £1000 for the frame so too much.

chestrockwell

If you are willing to go second hand I can recommend the Orange Segment. Love mine, it’s ace! Obviously a no go if you want new though.

Agree with making the controls similar too. Done the same with my P7 so it’s easy to switch between the two and stops me preferring one over the other which has happened in the past when riding bikes with different set ups.

welshfarmer

My mate is selling an “as new” YT Jeffsy for under £2K. Large flavour. I can put you in touch if interested.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My large spectral 29er frame. £400 and all new bearings in pivots, BB and headset.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose a new frame – 29er full sus’ is closed to new replies.