Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help – Fitting guards (SKS) to Spesh Diverge
  • sandwicheater

Had assumed it would be a doddle, bike in stand, beer opened (nice stout), tunes chosen (Bob Dylan), you get the picture, i’m ready for some business, it’s business time!

Whip the front wheel off and no mount attachment, drat. Is there anything that i can attach to the fork to give the required eyelet? Father in law has same bike/forks and has this thingy;

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QCVqD1]Guard mount 2[/url] by Phil Dalton, on Flickr

He didn’t fit it or the guards so can’t help.

scotroutes

IIRC the bike is supplied with screw-in mudguard fittings.

Alternatively, use the mounts half way up the fork legs. These probably work best if you bend the SKS stays.

sandwicheater

Cheers scotroutes, local Spesh dealer can get them, hurrah!

Now i just need to get the seized bolt out of the chain stay bridge and i’m sorted for winter.

boggie62
    Free Member

The little eyelet bolt mount you’ve pictured is held in by a tiny grub screw which isn’t up to the job and my eyelet kept popping out so I epoxied it in place. Be prepared for some creative bending of the front disc side stay to clear the brake caliper too if using the lower mount.

sandwicheater

Ahhh, so that’s what the bottom screw hole was for, that makes sense, cheers boggie. I’ll see how it fairs.

Yep, all prepared for some bendy fun. SKS kit did come with some washer/longer bolts to stand proud of the disks but we’ll see if they are any good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help – Fitting guards (SKS) to Spesh Diverge’ is closed to new replies.