Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Helmet storage
  • elwoodblues
    Free Member

So… In my house we are 4 people. We all bike, we all have bicycle helmets, most of us have more than one. That equals helmets all over my garage. What do you guys use for helmet storage? I would like to hang them on the wall, but I am open to suggestions. Show me what you got, pictures would be nice!

jobro
    Free Member

A nail banged in the breeze block walls of the garage. Fits all the bags and seven helmets(don’t know why I’ve got so many)

jobro
    Free Member

…..sorry if thats not clear. Thats a nail per helmet/bag

ads678

Old handle bars are good for hanging helmets off.

hooli

There are 5 of us with multiple helmets each. We have a shelf with the full faces sat on and a load of hooks underneath that the others hang from.

sharkattack

I’m planning something like this,

andy4d

Rattling about in the car boot

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I have all pie case or pisspot’s in a wall cabinet https://www.instagram.com/p/BJvbMVWhOFE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I then have full face helmets hung on some screwfix hooks, they hook the back of the skull bit of the helmet.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cupboard under the stairs (in a box with all the gloves, scarfs, hats, dogleads and other outdoorsy paraphernalia).

onewheelgood

I’ve got some of these null

No way I’d pay full price for them, but they are quite useful

Tracey

we have two rows of these which give eight helmet hooks either side of the garage, and eight other hooks for rug sacks and other stuff below giving thirty two in total. got them like that as they hang in the wall brackets for the flooring above so they can be spaced as well as removed easily.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Over-Door-Coat-Hook-Hanger-Rack-Chrome-Ideal-For-Bedroom-4-8-hook/293106047143?epid=786800123&hash=item443e7b58a7:g:8RsAAOSwzYhc7n5y

Not the best of pics but on the left and right just above halfway

We also have one in the camper garage that will take five helmets in like a W pattern

lunge

Butcher’s hooks on the side of the garage shelving. Works for the 8 or so helmets we have.

nuke

I use cotton tote bags…seem to have loads from giveaways, charity events etc Easy to hang up and stop helmets banging together. Safety pin to hold one strap out the way making it easier to take helmet in and out

… reading that back, that sounds all so inappropriate

elwoodblues
    Free Member

Great suggestions! Keep ’em coming!

DezB
    Free Member
    n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Cyclopaths don’t need manniquins, they need more decapitation victims! 😉

windyg
    Free Member

I leave one spare in the van in a net on the bulkhead the others in tote bags on a shelf top of the airing cupboard. A few other not used much are again in bags hung on hooks in the bike workshop.

tillydog
    Free Member

I got a couple of these (but haven’t got around to fitting them yet…)

helmetor

HELMETOR

elwoodblues
    Free Member

that helmetor contraption looks like some kind of torture instrument!

Also, it would not play nice with the helmet my Exposure Joystick is attached to.

Otherwise, it would be ace!

Kahurangi

I like the idea of the Helmetor – not for the lockability, but because it hangs them sweaty-side out. At £10 that’s pricey but not ridiculous. Looking at nearly a ton too mount the entire household like that though! I might try a few hooks I have lying around first.

duncancallum

Old stem with flat bar an bar ends hanging off the wall.

Holds 6 or so helmets

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Helmet storage’ is closed to new replies.