Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Helly Hansen jacket sizing
  • roger_mellie

I’ve been offered a H/H jacket (lucky me) through work. I don’t know which one exactly, likely a softshell of some kind. The size chart suggests I’ll be a medium, but are H/H generally true to size, or do they run big/ small? I tend to sit between medium and large. (I’m a large in Regatta, Endura, Fjern). I want to avoid the flying squirrel look, so help appreciated. Ta.

bearnecessities

Live reporting whilst wearing my Steilhang 😃

It’s a medium, which apparently is suitable for up to 41.5″ chest & 35″ waist but I think that’s a little bit optimistic! I’m a 39″ with 30″ and it’s a nice fit and could squeeze a jumper under it if needed.

Best general purpose jacket I’ve ever owned though (not that I could have afforded to buy it full price!)

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve worn a few and they’ve been pretty much true to size – I’m a medium in most brands and a medium in HH – maybe very slightly more generous than some, but nothing concerning. It’s always hard to be sure as brands can use a different block for different clothing, but the last hooded HH softshell I used was pretty much true to size.

Flying squirrels are very cool though 🙂

mrmoofo

I have a RNLI Helly Hansen soft shell – xxl. I am a 46/47 inch chest , 39 inch waist – and its quite big !

roger_mellie

Groovy, thanks folks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Helly Hansen jacket sizing’ is closed to new replies.