Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Heckler with RS Secktor
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

Looking to replace the Pike on my 2007 Heckler. The Secktor is looking a favorite replacement at the moment in Solo air flavour as Im wanting to save some weight, preferebly in white too.
    Anyone got any feedback of how the Heckler rides with a Sektor?
    Also, do they do a solo air in white? cannot seem to find one

cheers

cb

scruff
    Free Member

Sektor are a decent fork and would suit a Heckler but consider some decent 2nd hand Lyrics, the Mission control damping is much better.

SBrock
    Free Member

Just built up a Butcher with a pair of Sektor RL 150mm Solo Air Forks (Leisure Lakes £386).

I used to have a Heckler with Coil Pikes, the Sektor feels very similar, but as the Butcher has the APP the wholes bike is a lot nicer to ride than the Heckler (sorry the Heckler is still a great bike).

I think TF will be doing a PUSHD kit for the Sektors soon so that High/Low Speed compression will be sorted!

Maybe you could get a set of 2nd hand Lyriks pretty cheap.

SBrock
    Free Member

My Solo Air Sektors are white!

DSC01044

Bregante

Nice that butcher. What’s sort of weight is it and how does it climb compared to the Heckler?

SBrock
    Free Member

I dont know the weight sorry, it must be around the 30lb mark. I tried to get it as light as possible but I ride the Dark Peak so it needs to be pretty burly. mostly X9, Elixir CR, Thomson, PRO2’s, Stans Flow, Tubeless.

Climbing is fine, descending is another matter, the APP really makes a difference…man I LOVE THIS BIKE

SBrock
    Free Member

Sorry, If you spin gently uphill then it is pretty much the same as a Heckler, but it is slightly slacker so need to get a bit more weight forward. The bike feels lovely and supple and definitely an improvement over the Heckler!

Chipbutty
    Free Member

That looks lovely that Butcher. Thanks for the input guys

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Heckler with RS Secktor’ is closed to new replies.