Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • barclay's bonuses
  • ton

i have just seen this on the news.
    it makes me feel ill……………..seriously.

the world is proper fecked up when things like this happen

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s terrible isn’t it ton.

iDave
    Free Member

**** me, i agree with ton 😉

how in the name of jehovah can one person justify being paid £33m in a bonus?

parasitic bastards

RealMan
    Free Member

wgaf

neilnevill
    Free Member

RBS lost 1.13 billion £ this year. it paid out 0.95 billion in bonuses. That is sickening. That is just plain wrong.

hh45
    Free Member

Parasites is a good word for these people. Investment banking contributes sod all to the real world, it just sucks in talent, skims off money and makes a few people very rich. Justice will catch up eventually.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

so the boss of a successful company makes a profit and gets rewarded simple maths works or me. They never had a bailout and are making me and you money in tax they pay.

quit whining

kimbers

its obscene really,

im sure i read somewhere that regardless of the system; capitalist democracy, communism, dictatorship the majority of a nations wealth is still held by the same small percentage of the people

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

One word for it. Obscene.

Drac
    ton

mikewsmith………..so you think it is ok and fair?

neilnevill
    Free Member

barclays did take part in the government scheme to underwrite debt….so a bail out in affect.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

so the boss of a successful company makes a profit and gets rewarded simple maths works or me. They never had a bailout and are making me and you money in tax they pay.

Evo Stick, or some other solvent? WTF are you on?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

a bonus is a bonus for performance, the company does well you do well.

Better than the usual bonus is something you get for turning up culture. Sorry i subscribe to capitalism, better that than waiting for the state to hand it out or take anything you worked for

ianpinder
    Free Member

Or what could happen, is they get paid the 7.2 billion, the gov takes 50% of that.

OR….

The gov stop bonuses, the banks and their bankers sod of to another country and the gov get nothing.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Don’t bank with them then!

It really, really is that simple!

ton

zulu-eleven
    i dont use banks at all mate.
    never have.

neilnevill
    Free Member

let ’em go. They are dodging much of the tax anyway

Drac

Don’t bank with them then!

It really, really is that simple!

Really?

So where’s you pay go then and how to do you pay things just cash then?

When you pay with that cash what does the retailer do then stuff it under their mattress?

ianpinder
    Free Member

So rather then the gov get 3.6 billion in tax you would want them to get nothing…. for what reason jealousy?

iDave
    Free Member

better that than waiting for the state to hand it out

you mean like bailing out the banks?

rewarding success would be fine if that is what was happening and if they were punished in some way for failure

current investment banking is so far removed from a free market that you’d need a visa to get there

ton

Drac, as in i never had a bank account, or a bank loan.
    wage is paid in cash.

Drac

No mortgage then?

ton

any working man who thinks this is ok, with the present work/business situation in the uk, has to be a complete ****…….imho.

br
    Free Member

quit whining

If I was a shareholder, I’d be livid – basically halfing my investment, without even considering compound interest. And if I was a customer, I’d be gone.

brakes
    Free Member

he’s promised to double profits though hasn’t he, and the greedy shareholders will lap that up

Junkyard
    Free Member

They never had a bailout and are making me and you money in tax they pay.

they ,like all the other banks , especially the investment end he fronted, took adavantage of the Uk and USA govt liquidity packages as they were struggling to get money on the open markets. They did not require a direct bail out but it was helped and without the package they may well have gone belly up and certainly have made less money- this was on radio 4 today so must be true.
    We are now , quite literally, paying for this.

Sunbscribe to capitaliam then and let the banks fail. However we have bailed them out , made people redundnant and their price is too keep the same bonuses. This is not a free market but a corrupt one that has rewarded very rich bankers via the taxes of much porer people. Excellent advert for the system you support.

ton

Drac, building society 😀

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

So where’s you pay go then and how to do you pay things just cash then?

Well, other banks are available Drac

Like the Co-Op bank, or even one of the mutual building societies…

Great this free market thing innit!

Face it, if even half of you who’s complained about banks, bail outs, and bankers bonuses put your money where your mouth is and took your custom elsewhere, then the big banks would have been crawling over each other to say sorry and win your business back.

Stop f’kin whinging and do something about it!

johnners
    Free Member

“Barclays remuneration report discloses that £100 invested in Barclays on 31 December 2005 would have been worth £53 – including dividends received – at the end of 2010, which most would describe as a hopeless performance.”

“Or to put it another way, how can executives be worth quite so much when the owners of the business, the shareholders, have lost so much money?

Here is another way of looking at the extent to which the owners have been punished: in 2007 Barclays’ investors received dividends of 24p per share; in 2010, dividends were 5.5p per share.

If a 77% cut in the dividend isn’t redolent of management failure, what is…?”

Tenuous
    Free Member

Well, other banks are available Drac

Like the Co-Op bank, or even one of the mutual building societies…

Face it, if even half of you who’s complained about banks, bail outs, and bankers bonuses put your money where your mouth is and took your custom elsewhere, then the big banks would have been crawling over each other to say sorry and win your business back.

Stop f’kin whinging and do something about it!

I should add to this that it’s really easy to change bank now. The new bank will transfer all your direct debits and standing orders etc, so all you really have to do is tell your work to pay into the new account.

Tiger6791

There are lots of things wrong in the world this is just one of them. Problem is it’s the world we live in and it’s a free market economy.

As a nation we don’t make stuff, we have a massive financial services sector it contributes a large part of the economy.

The issue is that lots of people get paid lots of money and bankers are just the media’s focus at the moment (for obvious reasons)and just the tip of the iceberg.

The government could cap bonuses and restrict but the banks just tell the government that they’ll go offshore. It’s happening with FTSE 100 companies moving offshore. Head office in Ireland and board meetings there.

*An over simplistic analogy

The media focus there attention on Footballers wages and how much they get paid it’s obscene it turns out that the top six clubs are all but bankrupt and require government money to keep them going.

So the government step in and regulate it. All players wages are capped at £100,000 a year.

Players can earn 52x that amount abroad. All the best players go abroad. The UK has no top talent and the Premier league fades away. English teams never make Europe. TV money goes the whole industry it supports collapses and 1000s lose their jobs.

titusrider
    Free Member

Demand for good banking executives is very high. (This might be confer intuative but although there are only a few posts available the worth to the business of a good exec is massive)
    Supply of people with the experience and knowledge to do the job is very low.
    The labour market is rightly mildly regulated

Basic economics therefore determines wages will be very high. With international mobility you will loose the top execs to your competitors if u don’t pay those rates. Also if someone running my pension fund/isa etc does well (better than the market for eg) and makes me money I think they are entitled to a bonus.

Drac

The new bank will transfer all your direct debits and standing orders etc, so all you really have to do is tell your work to pay into the new account.

Ah yes I was told that once before, several missed DD charges and OD charges later I had to do it myself.

nickf
    Free Member

any working man who thinks this is ok, with the present work/business situation in the uk, has to be a complete ****…….imho.

Ton, you’re absolutely entitled to your opinion, but here’s mine

(1) He gets the massive bonus if they make a massive profit. They made a massive profit.

(2) Not many people in the world could do his job. If you think you could do it, try. There are many, many incredibly bright people trying to fight their way to the top of organisations like Barclays…they get there mostly on merit.

(3) The tax man takes a very large slice of this bonus

(4) I’m a man, I’ve been at work for the last two hours. I think it’s OK. That makes me a f***wit?

shmuk
    Free Member

And if the Banks didn’t reward their directors with competitive bonuses, they’d just clear off elsewhere, probably abroad, the British banking industry would lose all it’s talent, and in turn lose the ability to generate money and operate successfully, ultimately a huge loss to the tax revenue… overall, the UK is better off in the long run. in theory. unless the world all goes wrong again.

oldgit
    Free Member

I wish they’d buy some pens that work 👿

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I just started voting with my feet, along the High Street to a proper Building Society. The directors should ‘just clear off elsewhere’, aren’t they the ones who collectively got us into this mess?

khani
    Free Member

If the banks are too big to fail and need OUR money to be propped up it isn’t a free Market or capitalism it’s a state controlled economy,
    they failed and should have sunk,
    Jobs for the (select) boys, it stinks and we pay for it

samuri
    Free Member

The new bank will transfer all your direct debits and standing orders etc, so all you really have to do is tell your work to pay into the new account.

Ah yes I was told that once before, several missed DD charges and OD charges later I had to do it myself.

+1 – And when I complained they said it’s not possible for the process to go wrong. Incompetant ****.

If I was as poor at my job as the banking execs have been I’d have been sacked a long time ago. If people like Drac were as poor at their jobs as banking execs are there would be a national outcry as the mortality rate shot through the roof.

Are any banking execs getting sacked? Looks to me like they’re getting rewards. Free market? I don’t think it is, it seems to be costing me a fortune.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘barclay's bonuses’ is closed to new replies.