Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 155 total)
  • Heaven is 10000 lumens brighter now. RIP Troutie
  • Pigface
    Free Member

R.I.P Troutie, an awful day just got worse

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

😞 I went round to his house a few years back to buy one of his DIY light kits. Spent most of the morning in his garage looking at bits of lights and talking bikes.

Top bloke RIP

midlifecrashes

Hope the man at the pearly gates has some good shades on. RIP Troutie.

eviljoe
    Free Member

@smudge

Do Armin Matthias and the other German guys know? They were good buddies as I recall

Harry_the_Spider

RIP fella.

Marge
    Free Member

that’s awful news 🙁

won’t be able to use my liberator ever again without a slightly sad feeling.

jedi

The light will always shine for troutie and bullheart on my nightrides. Shit 24hrs. Beers up boys xx

onewheelgood

Oh no. Sometimes there’s just no sense to things. RIP.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Still got my Liberator, still very bright.  Another good man gone.    RIP.   What a bloody awful day.

View this post on Instagram

RIP Troutie #troutelights #lumenliberator

A post shared by Ming the Merciless (@ming_t_merciless) on

epicyclo

**** **** ****!

A lovely fellow.

craig24
    Free Member

What a shit day!

RIP Troutie

drewd

RIP Troutie

andybrad

RIP chap 🙁

spacehopper

gutted.. 🙁

the inspiration (and supplier of bits..!) behind my homebrew light build..

Cheers for the Beer dutch courage at the start of Ard Rock Stage 3 Mr Trout..

Ride in Peace sir!

clareymorris

I can’t believe this – what a terrible shock.
    I think of him every time I put my “troutie upgraded” hope light on my bike…….will do so even more now.
    Sending many lumens of love to family and friends x

MaryHinge
    Free Member

One of his Darkness Dominators still shining brightly here.

RIP Troutie

scuttler

Now we know for sure that there’s light at the end of that tunnel

RIP Troutie.

pedlad

V sad news. He still helps me get a buzz on the bike twice every week with a liberator and spiders eyes on the helmet. Really nice guy, met him round his house once to repair/upgrade the liberator. Sympathies to the family.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Bollocks. Not another one. Condolences to the family and you too smudge.

tootallpaul

FFS.

🙁

crapjumper
    Free Member

RIP PAL

Bregante

☹️

njee20
    Free Member

Bugger. RIP.

danti

RIP Troutie, thoughts and condolences to his family and friends.

vondally
    Free Member

Rip Troutie

smudge
    Free Member

It’s been difficult but at the same time so nice to read about how Troutie touched your lives in one way or another. He really was an inspiration to so many people.
    The Gewmans are aware of the sad news

I will also copy this link to his daughter Jem so she can see how much he meant to everyone in the STW

thestabiliser
    Free Member

😞

cooie

FFS, what a shit day. RIP Troutie.

spacemonkey

FFS. I never knew him but followed many of his threads in my quest to understand the overtly complex world of lights.

RIP fella. Thoughts and condolences to friends and family.

Ambrose

I have boxes of electronics sat waiting to be soldered up thanks to Chris, all sorts of weirdo configurations he inspired.

RIP

RustySpanner

Awful day.

Another good man gone.
    RIP Troutie.

Macgyver

Bollocks. I never met him in person but he was incredibly trusting and generous to me about 10 years ago. I was doing adventure racing with work and posted in here about what was best bang for buck lights as we needed some more for a night biking stage. Chris just offered the use of his early liberator light prototypes as long as I reviewed them for him. He must have sent a complete stranger a couple of hundred quids worth of kit in the post! Ended up with a liberator a couple of years later as present from my wife, she said he was ace to deal with. RIP Troutie. Our thoughts are with your family.

AlexSimon

Really sorry to hear this. Always loved his contributions to this forum.
    My condolences to friends and family.

mboy
    Free Member

Oh christ! Another!!! So sad to hear this, Chris made some awesome lights (of which I still own a couple), but regularly remember his pearls of wisdom on here. Never met him but did speak to him a few times on the phone, and a more helpful chap you could not have wished for!

Condolences to friends and family. RIP Troutie!

stevemorg2

A really sad day – never met the guy but had a few lights off him and he always seemed to be a really decent bloke – condolences to his family

big_scot_nanny

Ach, WTF? Horrendous – loads of love to all the family.

I ended up with an infamous ‘spider eyes’ set up, now on my bars, still absolutely epic. Time to get them charged up and I’ll go burn some foliage and retinas in his honor.

RIP

Mugboo

What a genuinely lovely man, RIP Troutie, I’ll think of you every time I switch on my TroutedVision 2, or drink a strong dark beer.

muppet4
    Free Member

RIP Troutie, the only light I have stuck with as it does what it’s supposed to do so well.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Rip Troutie.

Will people please stop dying!!

bigjim

That’s a shame, his light build in the maplin box was why I joined this forum and I think I bought some of the components from him, was also nice to see him waving us off at the top of the ard rock stage. Really helpful enthusiastic chap.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.