Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Heatings just come on..
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

🤣🌬💦

myti
    Free Member

What temp and where? Nice and mild 20 here on the south coast but would like the sunshine back.

the-muffin-man

Just switch it off at the boiler. No need for heat on at this time of year!

thepurist

In true stw style you must suffer until the mercury freezes at which point you may put on a light sweater, and of course switch to long trousers.  You can only switch the heating on when you start to get pools of liquid carbon dioxide forming as you exhale, but even then only for an hour each Tuesday.

Of course if you’ve got an artisan wood burner fuelled by your own Instagram famous wood pile then crack on and keep the place above 35C at all times.

Edit – expect someone will be along to tell me that co2 is a liquid before Mercury freezes

cdoc
    Free Member

switch to long trousers.

Never. Minus 40C is perfect shorts weather,

fasthaggis

It’s been raining here all day and the temp has dropped a wee bit.

Mrs FH ” It feels a lot colder,doesn’t it? ”

Me       ” Toughen up princess,it’s only August ”

😉

kcal

I’m not looking forward to having to swap from shorts to trousers any time soon.

Been getting very accustomed to the comfort!

To be fair even here – NE Scotland – temp has dropped from unpleasant highs to a very palatable 15-19oC.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Temps been 16-18 at best on Hayling Island, and that place has its own micro climate.. so I drive home in the pissing drizzle and open the door and the heating was on 🤪

Temp gauge checked .. 22C (set all year round at that, unless it’s winter in case it’s 26C)

So I walk around expecting to see I’ve left the French doors open, nope.. windows are open but not fully like they were a few weeks ago.. so I was baffled…

Small house too not some Exec 5bed double garage heat sink whatsit..

Gone chilly again in the last hour too…

jam-bo

Are you a lizard?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Feels like a blizzard 🤪

myti
    Free Member

26 in winter! Your heating bill must be mega! Think of the ice caps man!

P-Jay
    Free Member

I read temps fell to 1c somehow in NI yesterday.

Mum put her heating on last night, but I put that down to her being old and living in the Middle East for years.

I will admit it’s been a bit of a shock leaving Morzine which was 38c last week (based on the sign outside the supermarket) to come home to 15c at home today, I put jeans on for the first time since May I’m sure.

Still, if it rains now till Autumn, even the most cynical tabloid reader can’t moan about “not having a summer this year”.

jam-bo

I just checked my netatmo page. My house didn’t get to 26deg even during the hottest bit of the heatwave….

rene59
    Free Member

My heating can’t go on until 1st November at the earliest.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve worn my body warmer a few times over the weekend in the back room, but the back room window must stay open and the heating off until at least November, it’s the law!

breadcrumb

Our heating kicking in yesterday morning, it’s set to 20°c through the day and it had dropped to 19°c. It’s an old house and suffers with damp if it’s not kept warm.

Wood burner has been lit tonight, it’s a pleasant 23°c now.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Doubt our heating has turned on. I’m sitting in the garden right now in shorts and a T-shirt at 10:30 pm! Next week we are back up to 35 degrees again! 😎

cheers_drive

I put jeans on today for the first time in 2 months. Felt weird.

It was good to get a couple of days of rain, the sun can return now.

scotroutes

We’ve had an overnight frost already. Not uncommon for this time of year.  Still no heating on though.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

In Yorkshire it’s been reet hot today, 21c but very very humid, sweating like made doing anything vaguely involving moving.

Windows still open nice and wide

maxtorque

I decided it was far too soon to move to long trousers, so i put on a massive hoody and did that teenager thing of sitting on the sofa with my legs and knees pulled up inside the hoody to keep warm!

(I couldn’t stay that way for too long cause i’m too old, creaky and inflexible and would have got trapped like that….  😉 )

FuzzyWuzzy

I had my boiler changed at the start of the heatwave and also got a Nest, I’m a bit concerned it’s learnt I don’t ever use the heating and it will be a hassle come Autumn…

sadmadalan

Heating!!  My windows are still wide open.  Put a hoddy on on Saturday, for about 5 minutes, then decided it was too hot and that is that.  Did wear trousers (not shorts) on Friday evening but only because it was Mrs SMA’s birthday and we had booked somewhere nice to eat and I was informed that shorts were not acceptable!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Now is the time to test your heated systems though innit.

After that last heatwave (13weeks of it) it’s worth noting that not all systems can hold pressure for that long without being run for a length of time, just to let the pump work and self bleed the radz dudez..

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Heatings just come on..’ is closed to new replies.