Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Heating and temp data from nest – moon on stick?
  • mrchrist

Hi,

Can anyone help with this please?

I have a nest thermostat and I would like to understand more about how my house is working?

I would like to know how efficient my heating, and play around with it to make it more efficient. is It is possible to understand:

1. House temp throughout the day – Can you extract this from Nest?
    2. Time heating system takes to come to programmed temp – Nest provided basic visual data
    3. Energy used during the day – getting a smart meter installed next week so is there a way to extract data from this?

Is there an app or some way of collecting these 3 data items in one place?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Before worry about that I would get a system with system controlled TRV’s  and external temp sensor that controls how hard the boiler works

But I sort of see your point. I wish I could get the same sort of data for my EvoHome setup

julians
    Free Member

go to google takeout and you can export all the data from your nest thermostat over the last few years as CSV files, which you can then load into excel and create graphs to your hearts content.

Its not as simple as an app, but you can do quite a lot with the data

https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout

julians
    Free Member

to add to my comment above.

Your question 1 can be answered by the data in the csv files from google takeouts.

I dont think there is a way of getting an answer to question 2

Your question 3 can be answered by using an app called hugo (search for it in android app store)

mrchrist

Thanks. Have exported the data. Will have a play around with it.

I have under floor down stairs and rads upstairs. Will look at TVR for the rads.

I was away yesterday when the plumber came so he installed 2 nests (up and downstairs) where i would rather have had the UFH thermo which i could have plugged into their app and got what i wanted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.