Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Headset press for 1.5/1 1/8
  • munkyboy
    Free Member

Looking to fit a headset on a SC bronson. Headset press are really expensive. There are a few cheaper options x tools/ Cyclus but neither seem to do both sizes, or you need 2 tools. Any solutions? Can you use a 1.5 for both? Looking for a simple install at a reasonable price – circa£50 as I’m likely to do a few of these.

Also don’t really fancy the hammer/block of wood option…

joshvegas
    Free Member

My 1 1/8 headset press was adapted with an old headset cup. Nest the headset cup into the larger one and carry on.

plus-one

I have bottom bracket press that I use on all manner of headset cups no issues

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/x-tools-press-fit-bottom-bracket-installer/rp-prod155423

danti

Bought one of these recently based on recommendation off here and very pleased with it, and it won’t break the bank.

Headset Cup Press

charliemort

As above – I have a hope bottom bracket press. Seems to fit anything with various bits on it

munkyboy
    Free Member

Interesting that there isn’t a simple cheapish option from x tools or some such as this must be really common. That bearingprotools one looks quite good

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Headset press for 1.5/1 1/8’ is closed to new replies.