Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hayfield peak (hyperthetical question :)
  • stevedoc
    Free Member

So if someone wanted to *spice* up the Hayfield loop and try to add a “WALK” down William clough how would that be accessed, is it worth the walk and would it be better riding from the shooting cabins and adding a “walk” down doctors gate too 🙂

cheers

carlos
    Free Member

From the end of Middlemoor, up by the Wall, Burnt Hill, Mill Hill. But tbh, last time I actually walked it, it didn’t look like it’d be worth the effort getting there.

Bunnyhop

We’ve walked (cough) up Williams Clough to walk back down. But I’ve never done Doctors gate.

nbt

Doctors Gate is a strenous stroll with some pretty big steps. I wouldn’t bother with it for a WALK though

BadlyWiredDog

So if someone wanted to *spice* up the Hayfield loop and try to add a “WALK” down William clough how would that be accessed, is it worth the walk and would it be better riding from the shooting cabins and adding a “walk” down doctors gate too 🙂

I don’t think I’d bother with either unless you genuinely like walking, like actually walking rather than some weird, block capital euphemism for riding. Unless you’re a really bloody good technical rider with – in the case of William Clough – a liking for slippery muddy slime in parts and a psychic ability to read line divergences in advance. Both are a nice run though, but like really a run where you, like, run.

There are other, better options for ‘spicing up’ Hayfield riding ime.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Ok thank you Badlywired, im always happy to be enlightened further in the ways of Hayfield loops

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Been a while since I’ve done it, but I used to do a route that was:-

Edale, Jaggers Clough, Roman Road/Potato Alley, Snake Pass, Doctors Gate, back road from Glossop by the golfcourse up to the main Hayfield Road, then up Middle Moor to the shooting cabins, down to Kinder Res, Broad Clough and Kinderlow end and then on to Jacobs to finish.

Decent day out. Not for everyone – its a lot of tough going, without necessarily “great” descents in payment, but it’s proper adventure riding.Needs a dry day though!

The last time I did Dr’s Gate, admittedly with a pretty sharp group – memory says it all got ridden, but no one person cleaned the whole lot. That was best part of a decade ago, mind..!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hayfield peak (hyperthetical question :)’ is closed to new replies.