Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Havok Bike Park 2.0 – Very Open For Business
  • amandawishart

Havok Bike Park 2.0 is now open in Todmorden. Three trails with more in the making, find out all the details here.

By amandawishart

Get the full story here:

Havok Bike Park 2.0 – Very Open For Business

tmays
    Free Member

Interesting that e-bikes are almost twice the price for entry. It’s obviously not the ideal place to take an e-bike, but at the same time I don’t see that they’d create twice the damage to the trails. Am I missing something? Seem like they’re limiting their potential income right when you’d have thought they need to do the opposite.

Mark

With no uplift you would easily get twice as many runs in on an ebike. Seems logical to charge more.

tmays
    Free Member

But that means they’re not using the uplift, which would free it up for others (non e-bikes). Do other bike parks charge per run?

nixie

No uplift just yet so ebikes are going to doing more runs.

Mackem

How long are the various trails?

slowoldman

“compromises”?

chipps

FTFY @slowoldman 🙂

Gribs

Opening times would be handy.

robertajobb

More Power (= ^2 damage) through the back wheel.
    More mass (= more damage)
    More runs (= More damage).

Should be treble not double !

duncancallum

More mass is debatable…

I ride with folk who on an ebike are way under me on my enduro buke weight wise.

However faster ups = more runs. That’s maths n you cant **** with maths

daveylad
    Free Member

As an ebike rider who rides these sort of bikeparks that charge more, I’m not entirely sure how I feel about it.
    Yes I get up to 3x more runs in a few hours compared to if I pushed an analogue up before I’m exhausted.
    But younger riders will spend all day there and push up just as many times over a longer time period than I do on the eeb.
    Maybe it should be a price per run.

mrchrist

The old park looked nuts and amazing.

kimbers

More torque, more weight, more runs (on average) all adds up to more trail wear

Maybe there’s also an element of – if you can afford an ebike you’ve got more disposable £?

Anyway park looks great

doomanic

What about SL eBikes then? There’s no way you’ll get as many runs on one of those.

zilog6128

But younger riders will spend all day there and push up just as many times over a longer time period than I do on the eeb.
    Maybe it should be a price per run.

nah. Let the younger/fitter “earn” their runs. This is good means-testing. If you can afford an e-bike, you can afford to pay more to support the place 😀 (obviously, you’ll be buying more cake at the caff too 😂)

doomanic

If you can afford an e-bike, you can afford to pay more to support the place

After spending all that money on eco-transport we’re all skint and should get a discount for helping the planet. 😁

matt_outandabout

More bike parks like this within pedalling distance of towns is a Good Thing. 👍

kelvin

Yeah, I rode up there on Sunday… no car, no hassle.

tjaard

It looks like a beautiful area. This is the home of Singletrack right?
    Happy for you geta park back in the local area again. Also nice to have those machine built trails, since it seems like most of the other local riding is historic travel routes.
    It’s nice to have variety.

Good luck to the park!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.