Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Have we left the EU already then? – Ridewell.iti
  • PJay
    Free Member

I currently ride Kenda Kozmik Lite II tyres which aren’t available in the UK and found a good price for them at Ridewill.it in Italy (I’ve bought from a different company in Italy before).

They were priced at 25.30€ (down from 34.43€) a tyre so I popped a couple into the basket and registered. After registration (with a UK address and IP) the price for the tyres increased to 30.80€ a tyre (apparently down from 42€); obviously postage increased but that I was expecting. The product page for the tyres now also showed the increased price.

What’s going on here then? I’ve bought from Europe a number of times and would expect to pay the advertised price plus increased postage. I don’t know whether Ridwill do this for all their products (I couldn’t be bothered to find out).

Anyone had a similar experience buy components from Europe?

doomanic

Ridewill shows it’s prices without VAT.

PJay
    Free Member

Ridewill shows it’s prices without VAT.

Ah, it’s as simple as that is it? Cheers.

doomanic

I’m pretty sure that’s it. I don’t know if it’s because they do a lot of exporting outside the EU or if it’s to show low pricing to draw you in in the hope that by the time you’ve seen the prices go up in the checkout you’ll buy anyway.

PJay
    Free Member

You’re right. I didn’t spot “Free Tax” after the price, which presumably means “Without Tax” in Italian; once logged in “Tax Include” is shown after the increased price.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Those numbers match the Italian VAT rate of 22%, which is correct. I guess that after we’ve left the EU, we’ll pay import tax and UK VAT?

hydromonkey
    Free Member

Vat aside, I have noticed a few of the German and French sites change their prices when you switch location to the uk. Usually only a couple of euros but it’s worth keeping an eye on it. Can’t say it’s to cover postage either as that’s usually only added at the end.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Have we left the EU already then? – Ridewell.iti’ is closed to new replies.