• This topic has 63 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by IanB.
Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Have we done the Singular Puffin yet?
  • Sam

Is it just me or does the fork/frame interface look pretty ungainly? Maybe partly it’s the tapering fork legs… (someone agree with me, it’ll help me not buy one!)

It does in the proto but I think it looks spot on in the render.

The proto was straight 1 1/8″ steerer in straight 44 ID headtube with thinner fork blades. Production frames will be tapered steerer in tapered head tube with larger blades – it should both look and ride significantly better.

What size is the prototype in the pics?

Yes – it’s a large

bland

I think Singular Salad Swerver has a better catch to it than puffin!

rOcKeTdOg

Sam, send one up to me & I’ll ride it at the fat bike gathering in Wales a week on Saturday 😉

boltonjon

Having read the article this morning whilst dreading the return of a cold, dark and damp February, i decided that it’d be a nice way of supporting a great small British brand and give myself something nice to look forward too

It also gives me a good reason to beg, borrow & steal some other FB specific items over the next 5 months 🙂

Can’t wait! 🙂

beerbiker
    Free Member

Oh yes I’ve heard of n + 1 but in my case it means n + 2 coz http://www.beerbabe.co.uk always wants another one to !

Re Fat Bike racks, we use a Thule 3 bike rack, I have removed the 1st & 3rd sliding bike mounts & used short lengths of 4inch guttering bolted in place so easily removed. We have even used the rack with 2 Fattys & a 29er mounted inbetween. Been using it for 9 months & it works just fine even in Europe with the Fattys.

theotherjonv

Singular Salad Swerver

But that doesn’t fit the brand philosophy of naming the models after birds. You need to come up with the name of a fat bird (puffins aren’t fat, they’re big boned)

Singular Feltz?

rOcKeTdOg

But that doesn’t fit the brand philosophy of naming the models after birds.

Pegasus wasn’t a bird

theotherjonv

It was half bird.

Houns

Is it SS only?

boltonjon

Nope – a mech hanger and guides can be fitted

rOcKeTdOg

theotherjonv – Member

It was half bird.

90% horse

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Sam- any chance of the demo getting upto Tim at sideways?

Sam

Sam- any chance of the demo getting upto Tim at sideways?

It’s possible, perhaps after the Alpkit thing if that comes off.

Ringo
    Free Member

Oooh nearly half way now, gotta say it looks the bollox 🙂

Northwind

You know what would be really nice, would be if the crowdsourced frames were marked out in some simple way- limited ed stickers or something. Just a thought…

Sam

I’m thinking of something like that – maybe special headtube badges.

mattjg
    Free Member

I like the white – there are 2 colours that work for me on bikes, white and black.

Some sort of limited edition branding sounds a smart move.

HansRey

golly, i like this a lot. Can you make a stealth version, so i can sneak it into the flat without the gf noticing????

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me wantee a black one.. with an antique white badge on the downtube edged in maroon, prowdly displaying your name Sam..

TVM

Sam

Can you make a stealth version, so i can sneak it into the flat without the gf noticing????

Me wantee a black one.. with an antique white badge on the downtube edged in maroon, prowdly displaying your name Sam..

Custom colours are a possibility for an additional cost.

messiah
    Free Member

27.2 seatpost… would this be even more fun with a decent dropper?

Clobber
    Free Member

Thomson are making a 27.2 dropper

miranmtb
    Free Member

Mmmmm … a nice puffin video
    [video]http://vimeo.com/75255588[/video]

IanB
    Free Member

That ride in the Beacons was a real blast. Ridden half-fat before, but 4″ all round makes such a difference over the big rocks. Lots of fun indeed (and a bit of to-ing and fro-ing getting the various shots) 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the Singular Puffin yet?’ is closed to new replies.