Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Have I lost a bit of my hope hub?
  • zippykona

Went to swap cassettes on my pro2 hub and it did the old let’s have the free hub fall off trick.

Swapped cassette and now it won’t pedal back.

The hub from centre goes bearing ,washer ,cassette body then spacer. Has something gone missing?

bigyan
    Free Member

Did you seat the seal? (it can jam between the freehub and the hub shell)

zippykona

I just pushed it back on. It spins freely when not on the bike but put it on the bike and do the qr up and it doesn’t want to know.

Shackleton

Is the free hub fouling the dropout? Is it pushed far enough on?

Shackleton

Trying to remember from a hope xc but could the axle have moved off centre shifting the free hub to the drive side so that it now jams ?

zippykona

I shall have another look tomorrow.

Is there anything I can do to stop the free hub falling off?

timoth27

Have you got the spacer installed over the axle? Sounds just like if it’s missing. Should be a thin tube about 14mm long it goes between the hub bearing and the cassette bearing to stop the cassette binding when the wheel is done up.

https://www.hopetech.com/_repository/1/documents/ProIIEVORearExploded.pdf

Item 12

coatesy
    Free Member

Reckon Bigyan’s got it right first time, you can’t just push the freehub on, you have to locate the seal into the hub body properly, or you’ll have exactly the symptoms you describe (and unfortunately, it’ll almost certainly need the cassette removed first to access it).

senorj

Do you have another end cap (it’s early and i can’t remember it’s proper name, but in the pic you’re holding it)? I had same symptoms once and after checking wedding ring washer and the seal I found that it had worn down and seemed to be catching on the bearing. a small washer fettled it until I got a new end cap.

Yak

What bigyan said.

zippykona

I’m assuming the seal is the black plastic thing on the freehub body.

zippykona

It was the seal. Had to push the freehun onto the wheel and them could push the seal and then it would hold firm

Thanks as always. Another thing learnt.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Have I lost a bit of my hope hub?’ is closed to new replies.