Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Have I just seen my next bike? Do I?
  • Kahurangi

Saw this yesterday and thought niiiice then the GF turns to me and says “why don’t you get a new bike?” 😮

Why not?

The current bike (Norco Fluid LT) isn’t all that but it isn’t broken. I do want to put the kit it has back on my Ti 456 at some point.

This beastie would be way overbiked for most of my riding should we go back to the UK and it wouldn’t fit in our little flat in Gosforth. It’s would be perfect for my summer of Enduros I’ve got lined up, though I doubt I’d be able to get hold of one soon enough.

/edit – photo is from PB’s Interbike stuff, no idea when one will be available for import 😡

steve_b77
    Free Member

Why the hell not

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Doooooooo iiiiiiiittttttttt.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Lucky you.. my Mrs told me not to buy a new bike this side of Christmas… So I’ve ordered a new frameset and parts… Which In my mind meant I didn’t buy a new bike as such.
    Frame will probably arrive today and I can’t wait to see that look on her face.

honourablegeorge

It’s quite lovely, that. Was less keen on earlier previews of it, think it was an XL frame, looked really ungainly, but that looks right.

rexated
    Free Member

Is it new? Is it shiny? Do you want it?

If yes, yes, yes then do it.

FOG

My Missus only ever says ‘What do you need another bicycle thingy for , you’ve got (insert current number) already!’
    Cherish her!

wwaswas

Mrs told me not to buy a new bike this side of Christmas…

and now you’ve spoiled the surprise present she was going to get you 🙁

prawny

I think we need to see a picture of this ‘girlfriend’ I call BS on that. Unless the OP is slow witted and doesn’t understand sarcasm.

honourablegeorge

FOG – Member
    My Missus only ever says ‘What do you need another bicycle thingy for , you’ve got (insert current number) already!’
    Cherish her!

Mine has stopped caring. Was fiddling witha bike in the kitchen the other day, she asked whose it was. “Er, mime.” “Oh, right, I hadn’t seen that one before”.

patriotpro
    Free Member

If you can afford it and want it why NOT buy is the more pertinent point imo. (Even if you do have to move home to find a bedroom for it). 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the 6?
    buy some frame tape
    http://flowmountainbike.com/tests/tested-pivot-mach-6-carbon/
    and look at the cable routes – apart from that they loved it

Speshpaul

Top tip from my dad – “you are a long time dead!”

No one is going to starve.

sam_underhill

So…. This Pivot Mach 6, or a Santcruz Bronson C, or a Turner Burner. I think that’s my shortlist.

philbert31
    Free Member

Definitely top of my next bike list in the new year! Although I am a little concerned about the cable rub they mention in the review??

wrecker
    Free Member

Have you seen the new devinci? Mmmmmm

brakes
    Free Member

the GF turns to me and says “why don’t you get a new bike?”

don’t spend money on a bike. spend money on a private eye, she’s cheating on you. actually, first things first, spend the money on a bike.

wl
    Free Member

Spot on, brakes.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Start taking beta-carotene supplements and see if she notices when you turn orange. If she doesn’t then she is cheating on you.

m_t_b
    Free Member

I am getting a demo at my local trails in Brechfa thanks to an excellent local dealer, also demoing one at the bike show tomorrow. Will let you know my humble opinion 🙂 First bikes should be here end of next month I think.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

DO IT!!!

dibboid
    Free Member

Unless the OP is slow witted and doesn’t understand sarcasm.

Then it serves the op’s gf right for being sarcastic. 😉 the OP clearly heard her say to buy a new bike and a new bike he shall have! Whether she meant it sarcastically or not she still said it!! 😀

dibboid
    Free Member

M_t_b prob see you there then. 😉 I’m going to see what I can break. 😀

Steve77
    Free Member

I’m waiting for the Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon frames to go on sale which has to happen any day now. They’re $2,800 in the US full price so if I can get one 40% off that’s basically £1000. It’s got to happen right?

Pukeko
    Free Member

I had a car-park spin on pivot very similar last week in Texas…Very Nice!!

prawny

Unless the OP is slow witted and doesn’t understand sarcasm.

Then it serves the op’s gf right for being sarcastic. the OP clearly heard her say to buy a new bike and a new bike he shall have! Whether she meant it sarcastically or not she still said it!!

I have also used this trick once or twice before. Risky business though.

honourablegeorge

Steve77 – Member
    I’m waiting for the Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon frames to go on sale which has to happen any day now. They’re $2,800 in the US full price so if I can get one 40% off that’s basically £1000. It’s got to happen right?

Don’t think this replaces the 5.7 – the 6 is a 155mm enduro bike, the 5.7 is a 140 (145?) trail bike. This is Orange Alpine to the 5.7’s 5.

dibboid
    Free Member

I have also used this trick once or twice before. Risky business though

I know the whole “what women say and what they mean are two different things” but they have to remember that men are simple creatures and everything has to be black and white not in code.

So if she says “buy it” then do it before she explains it was sarcasm. Hehe

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve met the OP’s girlfriend. I suspect she meant it. Jon’s a lucky bloke…

stevious

His ‘n hers Pivots, Jon?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

don’t knock his n hers bikes

brakes
    Free Member

well well well. we don’t need a private eye now. it’s clearly ir_bandito doing the dirty with the OP’s missis.

Steve77
    Free Member

Don’t think this replaces the 5.7 – the 6 is a 155mm enduro bike, the 5.7 is a 140 (145?) trail bike. This is Orange Alpine to the 5.7’s 5.

I assumed their move to 650b would be the end of the 5.7 in 26″ form. Competitive Cyclist were selling 5.7 non-carbons at a big discount too which seems to suggest the model is ending

ir_bandito
    Free Member

it’s clearly ir_bandito doing the dirty with the OP’s missis.

Ha!
    I barely have time to see my missus, let alone someone elses’s! Especially when she’s 12,000 miles away 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Can I ask why the seat angle looks so slack?

duffle
    Free Member

Can I ask why the seat angle looks so slack?

Yes you can, please….go ahead…..

squin
    Free Member

“GF turns to me and says “why don’t you get a new bike?”

She’s up to no good! 😯

DezB
    Free Member

Gosh, why does that seat angle etc..?

6079smithw
    Free Member

THIS is a good looking bike, buy this instead for me

Kahurangi

Thanks for all the hilarious responses 😀

ir_bandito/Pukeko – cheers 8) hope you guys are keeping the trails alive for me 😉

steve – I’d actually prefer a plain carbon finish like hers, but can’t have everything

mikew/everyone else – for comparison, she has a Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon and loves it. Part of me doesn’t thik there’s much point having much ‘more’ bike than her.

And thanks for all the unintentional/intentional comedy responses 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Have I just seen my next bike? Do I?’ is closed to new replies.